Cunningham with the Mavericks
|No. 9 – Cleveland Cavaliers|
|Position||Shooting guard / Point guard|
May 22, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||San Leandro
(San Leandro, California)
|College||Oregon State (2009–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2012–2013||→Texas Legends (D-League)|
|2013–2014||→Bakersfield Jam (D-League)|
|2014–2015||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2015||Delaware 87ers (D-League)|
|2015||Idaho Stampede (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jared Armon Cunningham (born May 22, 1991) is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Oregon State Beavers, where he was an All-Pac-12 first team selection before being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft. His rights were acquired by the Dallas Mavericks in a draft-day trade, and after just one season with Dallas, he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks and later had stints with the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Clippers.
High school career
In his junior season at San Leandro High School, Cunningham averaged 17.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game. As a senior, He averaged 20.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. He earned academic All-America honors his senior year.
In Cunningham's freshman season at Oregon State, he averaged 6.2 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game. In a first round game against Boston University in the 2010 College Basketball Invitational, he recorded a then career-high of 21 points.
In his sophomore season, Cunningham averaged 14.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.83 steals per game. He was first in the Pac-10 in steals and was also fifth in the nation. He was named to the All-Pac-10 Second Team and the Pac-10 All-Defensive-Team. He was also named to the Pac-10 All-Tournament Team after averaging 23.5 points per game in the 2011 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament.
In his junior season, he averaged 17.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.53 steals per game. He led the Pac-12 in steals per game for the second consecutive season, and also finished ninth nationally. Cunningham was also named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team. Additionally, he was named to the Pac-12 All-Tournament team for the second consecutive season. On April 9, 2012, Jared declared for the 2012 NBA draft.
|2009–10||Oregon State Beavers||32||19||19.1||.512||.333||.747||2.0||.9||1.3||.1||6.2|
|2010–11||Oregon State Beavers||30||29||29.2||.437||.360||.779||3.1||2.1||2.8||.2||14.2|
|2011–12||Oregon State Beavers||36||35||34.6||.450||.338||.737||3.8||2.8||2.5||.4||17.9|
Cunningham was selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. His draft rights were then traded with Jae Crowder and Bernard James to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Tyler Zeller and Kelenna Azubuike on draft night. On July 21, 2012, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Mavericks. On December 11, 2012, he was assigned to the Texas Legends. He was recalled by the Mavericks on December 31, 2012, re-assigned on January 28, 2013, and recalled again on March 30, 2013.
On June 27, 2013, Cunningham was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in a draft night deal, and he later joined the Hawks for the 2013 NBA Summer League. During his sophomore season, he had multiple assignments with the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League. On February 22, 2014, he was waived by the Hawks.
On March 31, 2014, Cunningham signed a 10-day contract with the Sacramento Kings. On April 10, 2014, he signed with the Kings for the rest of the season. In July 2014, he joined the Kings for the 2014 NBA Summer League but did not receive a new contract offer from the team.
On September 29, 2014, Cunningham signed with the Los Angeles Clippers. On January 7, 2015, he was traded, along with the draft rights to Cenk Akyol and cash considerations, to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for the draft rights to Sergei Lishouk. He was waived by the 76ers later that day.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "#1 Jared Cunningham". osubeavers.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Jared Cunningham Recruiting Profile
- "Oregon State Beavers basketball: Jared Cunningham declares for the NBA draft (video)". OregonLive.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavs sign first-rounder Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. July 21, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Jared Cunningham assigned to Texas Legends". ESPN.com. December 11, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. December 31, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Dallas Mavericks Re-Assign Jared Cunningham to NBA D-League Affiliate Texas Legends". NBA.com. January 28, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham from D-League again
- Atlanta Hawks 2013 Draft Central
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- Atlanta Hawks waive Jared Cunningham
- KINGS SIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM TO 10-DAY CONTRACT
- KINGS SIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEASON
- "Clippers Announce 2014-15 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. September 29, 2014. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- Clippers Trade Cunningham To 76ers
- Clippers trade reserve Jared Cunningham
- Delaware 87ers acquire Jared Cunningham
- Stampede Trade for Jared Cunningham
- Jazz Announce Roster for 2015 NBA Summer League
- "Cavaliers Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Jared Cunningham on Twitter