Cunningham with the Mavericks
|Jiangsu Monkey King|
|Position||Shooting guard / Point guard|
|League||Chinese Basketball Association|
May 22, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||San Leandro
(San Leandro, California)
|College||Oregon State (2009–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2014–2015||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2016–present||Jiangsu Monkey King|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jared Armon Cunningham (born May 22, 1991) is an American professional basketball player for Jiangsu Monkey King of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). He played college basketball for Oregon State, where he was an All-Pac-12 first team selection before being selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. His rights were acquired by the Dallas Mavericks in a draft-day trade, and after just one season with Dallas, he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks and later had stints with the Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Milwaukee Bucks.
High school career
In his junior season at San Leandro High School, Cunningham averaged 17.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game. As a senior, He averaged 20.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. He earned academic All-America honors his senior year.
In Cunningham's freshman season at Oregon State, he averaged 6.2 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game. In a first round game against Boston University in the 2010 College Basketball Invitational, he recorded a then career-high of 21 points.
In his sophomore season, Cunningham averaged 14.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.83 steals per game. He was first in the Pac-10 in steals and was also fifth in the nation. He was named to the All-Pac-10 Second Team and the Pac-10 All-Defensive-Team. He was also named to the Pac-10 All-Tournament Team after averaging 23.5 points per game in the 2011 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament.
In his junior season, he averaged 17.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.53 steals per game. He led the Pac-12 in steals per game for the second consecutive season, and also finished ninth nationally. Cunningham was also named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team. Additionally, he was named to the Pac-12 All-Tournament team for the second consecutive season. On April 9, 2012, Jared declared for the 2012 NBA draft.
|2009–10||Oregon State Beavers||32||19||19.1||.512||.333||.747||2.0||.9||1.3||.1||6.2|
|2010–11||Oregon State Beavers||30||29||29.2||.437||.360||.779||3.1||2.1||2.8||.2||14.2|
|2011–12||Oregon State Beavers||36||35||34.6||.450||.338||.737||3.8||2.8||2.5||.4||17.9|
Cunningham was selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. His draft rights were then traded with Jae Crowder and Bernard James to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Tyler Zeller and Kelenna Azubuike on draft night. On July 21, 2012, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Mavericks. On December 11, 2012, he was assigned to the Texas Legends. He was recalled by the Mavericks on December 31, 2012, reassigned on January 28, 2013, and recalled again on March 30, 2013.
On June 27, 2013, Cunningham was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in a draft night deal, and he later joined the Hawks for the 2013 NBA Summer League. During his sophomore season, he had multiple assignments with the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League. On February 22, 2014, he was waived by the Hawks.
On March 31, 2014, Cunningham signed a 10-day contract with the Sacramento Kings. On April 10, 2014, he signed with the Kings for the rest of the season. In July 2014, he joined the Kings for the 2014 NBA Summer League but did not receive a new contract offer from the team.
On September 29, 2014, Cunningham signed with the Los Angeles Clippers. On January 7, 2015, he was traded, along with the draft rights to Cenk Akyol and cash considerations, to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for the draft rights to Sergei Lishouk. He was waived by the 76ers later that day.
In July 2015, Cunningham joined the Utah Jazz for the 2015 NBA Summer League. On September 28, 2015, he signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. On February 18, 2016, he was traded, along with a future second-round pick, to the Orlando Magic in exchange for Channing Frye. Four days later, he was waived by the Magic. On March 8, he was reacquired by the Idaho Stampede. The next day, he made his season debut for Idaho in a 114–113 loss to the Texas Legends, recording 30 points and three rebounds in 26 minutes.
On March 16, 2016, Cunningham signed a 10-day contract with the Milwaukee Bucks. On March 20, he made his debut for the Bucks in a 94–85 loss to the Utah Jazz, recording four points, one rebound, one assist and one steal in 16 minutes off the bench. Following the conclusion of his 10-day contract, the Bucks parted ways with Cunningham. On March 28, he was reacquired by the Stampede.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "#1 Jared Cunningham". OSUBeavers.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Jared Cunningham Recruiting Profile". Rivals.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Blue, Molly (April 9, 2012). "Oregon State Beavers basketball: Jared Cunningham declares for the NBA draft (video)". OregonLive.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavs sign first-rounder Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. July 21, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Jared Cunningham assigned to Texas Legends". ESPN.com. December 11, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. December 31, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Dallas Mavericks Re-Assign Jared Cunningham to NBA D-League Affiliate Texas Legends". NBA.com. January 28, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham from D-League again". InsideHoops.com. March 30, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Atlanta Hawks 2013 Draft Central". NBA.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- "2013-14 NBA Assignments". NBA.com. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Atlanta Hawks waive Jared Cunningham". InsideHoops.com. February 22, 2014. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Kings Sign Jared Cunningham to 10-Day Contract". NBA.com. March 31, 2014. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Kings Sign Jared Cunningham for Remainder of the Season". NBA.com. April 10, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Clippers Announce 2014-15 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. September 29, 2014. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "CLIPPERS TRADE CUNNINGHAM TO 76ERS". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- Bolch, Ben (January 7, 2015). "Clippers trade reserve Jared Cunningham". LATimes.com. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Delaware 87ers acquire Jared Cunningham". NBA.com. January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Carter, Ty (March 7, 2015). "Stampede Trade for Jared Cunningham". NBA.com. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Lea, Bill (July 10, 2015). "Jazz Announce Roster for 2015 NBA Summer League". NBA.com. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Cavaliers Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. September 28, 2015. Archived from the original on September 29, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "Magic Trade Frye, Acquire Second Round Pick". NBA.com. February 18, 2016. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "The Magic have waived Jared Cunningham, who...". Twitter. February 22, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- "Stampede Re-Acquire Jared Cunningham". OurSportsCentral.com. March 8, 2016. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- "Legends Split Series With Stampede". NBA.com. March 9, 2016. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "BUCKS SIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM TO A 10-DAY CONTRACT". NBA.com. March 16, 2016. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "Hayward helps Jazz beat Bucks, get fifth win in 6 games". NBA.com. March 20, 2016. Retrieved March 20, 2016.
- Velazquez, Matt (March 26, 2016). "Rashad Vaughn back with Bucks; Jared Cunningham not re-signed". JSOnline.com. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "NBA D-League Transactions". NBA.com. Archived from the original on April 1, 2016. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "Jared Cunningham inks with Jiangsu Tongxi". Sportando.com. August 23, 2016. Retrieved August 27, 2016.