Marbles at the 2014 VidCon
September 15, 1986 |
Rochester, New York, U.S.
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Occupation||YouTube personality, vlogger, comedian, actress|
|Subscribers||15.80 million subscribers (January 2016)|
|Total views||1.94 billion views (January 2016)|
|Associated acts||Smosh, Ryan Higa, Julien Solomita|
|Subscriber and view counts updated as of January 24, 2016.|
Jenna N. Mourey (born September 15, 1986), better known by her pseudonym Jenna Marbles, is an American YouTube personality, vlogger, comedian, and actress. As of May 1, 2015, her channel has over 15 million subscribers, making it the seventh most subscribed channel on YouTube and the top channel operated by a woman.
Early life and education
Mourey was born and raised in Rochester, New York, where she graduated from Brighton High School in 2004. She then moved to Boston, where she attended Suffolk University. At Suffolk she obtained a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, and later attended Boston University for a Master of Education in Sport Psychology and Counseling.
Mourey released a video in 2010 entitled "How To Trick People Into Thinking You're Good Looking" which was viewed over 5.3 million times in its first week. Her video "How To Avoid Talking To People You Don't Want To Talk To" was featured in articles by The New York Times and ABC News in August 2011, in which she stated "I'm sick and tired of guys thinking that just because I showed up at a club or a dance or a bar, that I want to have their genitalia touching my backside." The video has approximately 35 million views as of November 2015. She uploads a new video to her YouTube channel every Wednesday or Thursday. Her pseudonym "Jenna Marbles" comes from her mother's complaint that "Mourey," their legal surname, pulled up only Jenna's videos on Google. Jenna's mother was unemployed at the time that Jenna's first video went viral, and was concerned that they may put off potential employers. The name "Marbles" comes from her dog "Mr. Marbles". As of July 2015[update], Marbles' YouTube channel has about 15 million subscribers and over 1.8 billion video views.
Marbles appeared as Eve in season 2 of Epic Rap Battles of History, episode 13 "Adam vs. Eve". She played a banana in the Annoying Orange episode, Fake n' Bacon. She played Miley Cyrus in a "Wrecking Ball"–inspired segment of YouTube Rewind 2013. On January 30, she appeared in season four of Ridiculousness.
Marbles released a brand of dog toys called Kermie Worm & Mr. Marbles. The toys' appearances are based upon her real dogs. She has also created assorted items with some of her most memorable quotes on them (e.g. 'what are this').
She also co-hosts a podcast with boyfriend Julien Solomita, Jenna and Julien Podcast.
- "Jenna Mourey/Marbles on Twitter". Twitter.
- Things I Get Excited About As An Adult. August 27, 2015 – via YouTube.
- JennaMarbles. YouTube.
- "PewDiePie, Jenna Marbles, CaptainSparklez: The Web's Biggest Stars". Reason. October 1, 2014. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- Spangler, Todd (July 18, 2013). "YouTube Star Jenna Marbles: 5 Facts About Her Rise to Internet Fame". Variety. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "The Man Behind the 'Bible of Bro Culture'". NBC News. December 13, 2013.
- O’Leary, Amy (April 12, 2013). "The Woman With 1 Billion Clicks: Jenna Marbles". The New York Times. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- Klima, Jeff (April 22, 2013). "Jenna Marbles on 1 Billion Views, Set to Overtake Ray William Johnson?". New Media Rockstars. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- "Rendering Grinders Toothless". The New York Times. August 12, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- ""Jenna Marbles'" Anti-Dirty Dance: Teens Say No to Grinding - ABC News". ABC News. August 16, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- "JennaMarbles YouTube Channel Stats, Subscriber Statistics, Ranking". vidstatsx.com. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- Sam Gutelle (February 11, 2013). "Epic Rap Battles of History Pits Man Against Woman With Jenna Marbles". Tubefilter. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Jenna Marbles". IMDb.
- SiriusXM Hits 1
- "jenna marbles - SiriusXM Blog". siriusxm.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jenna Marbles.|