|Broadcast area||Oxnard-Ventura, California|
Santa Barbara, California
|First air date||1962 (as KVEN-FM)|
|HAAT||369 meters (1,211 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KVEN-FM (1962–1973)|
|Owner||Cumulus Media |
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Sister stations||KBBY, KRUZ, KVEN, KVYB|
Listen Live via iHeartRadio
KHAY (100.7 FM, "100.7 KHAY") is a commercial radio station that is licensed to Ventura, California and broadcasts to the Oxnard-Ventura, California area. The station is owned by Cumulus Media and airs a country music format featuring programming from Nash FM.
The station signed on January 1, 1962 as KVEN-FM and simulcast the middle of the road music format of its AM counterpart KVEN. In 1965, Carroll R. Houser sold KVEN-AM-FM to a group consisting of Ira Laufer, Robert L. Fox, and Greater California Capital Corporation — collectively doing business as KVEN Broadcasting Corporation — for $500,000.
KHAY is affiliated with the Nash FM country music network, which is also owned by Cumulus. As such, the station carries a variety of syndicated programming, including Nash Nights Live and The Blair Garner Show. However, due to its heritage status, KHAY is exempt from most of Nash FM's compulsory branding components of those stations.
Awards and nominations
On February 7, 2018, KHAY received its first-ever nominations for the Academy of Country Music's annual Radio Awards, honoring excellence in country radio. The award ceremony was held April 14 in conjunction with, and the day before, the 53rd ACM Awards in Las Vegas but was not televised. KHAY won one award that year.
|2018||Academy of Country Music Awards — Radio Awards||Radio Station of the Year – Small Market||Nominated|||
|On-Air Personality of the Year – Small Market||Dave Daniels||Won|||
|2019||Academy of Country Music Awards — Radio Awards||Radio Station of the Year – Small Market||Won|||
- "Directory of AM and FM Radio Stations in the U.S." (PDF). Broadcasting Yearbook. Broadcasting Publications Inc. 1971. p. B-30. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting. Broadcasting Publications Inc. October 18, 1965. p. 43. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Existing FM stations: Call letter actions" (PDF). Broadcasting. January 1, 1973. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Programming: Changing Formats" (PDF). Broadcasting. October 15, 1973. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Fifth Estater: Robert Lazar Fox" (PDF). Broadcasting. April 25, 1994. p. 57. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- "Evergreen Dealing in Motown's Secrets" (PDF). Radio and Records. August 16, 1996. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "Cumulus Hits the West Coast" (PDF). Radio and Records. December 31, 1999. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- "Local radio station KHAY nominated for honors". Ventura County Star. February 23, 2018. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- "ACM Announces 2018 Broadcast Award Finalists". All Access. All Access Music Group. February 7, 2018. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- "ACM Broadcast Award Winners Released". All Access. All Access Music Group. March 13, 2018. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- "ACM Names Its 2019 Broadcast Award Winners". All Access. All Access Music Group. February 28, 2019. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KHAY
- Radio-Locator information on KHAY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KHAY
- List of "grandfathered" FM radio stations in the U.S.