Karnataka Folklore University, Haveri
|Chancellor||Governor of Karnataka|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Ambalike Hiriyanna|
|Location||Shiggaon, Karnataka, India|
Karnataka Folklore University, Gotagodi, Shiggaon is a public university exclusively dedicated to the study and research of folklore. It was established in 2011 at Shiggaon district by the Government of Karnataka. Its first vice chancellor is Prof. Ambalike Hiriyanna.
First folklore university
The university is claimed to be world's first university for folklore and India's first folklore university. It was inaugurated on 16 June 2012 by the Chief Minister of Karnataka Sri B S Yediyurappa. The university is in Gotagodi, Shiggaon, Karnataka, India. It offers degrees in MA, MSc in folklore, communication, ancient science, MBA in rural business and management, MPhil and PhD.
- Folklore University opened in Shiggaon - The New Indian Express
- Karnataka government launches university for folklore | NDTV.com
- "Shiggaon opens gateway to folk studies". The Times of India. 17 June 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Worlds First University for folklore established in Karnataka | Vishwa Samvada Kendra
- n http://indiawires.com/11490/news/state-news/worlds-first-university-for-folklore-established-in-karnataka
- Country's first folklore varsity to open in July - 3