Hahn in 2016
July 23, 1973 |
Westchester, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||Northwestern University (B.A., Theatre)
Yale School of Drama
|Spouse(s)||Ethan Sandler (m. 2002)|
Kathryn Hahn (born July 23, 1973) is an American actress and comedian. She began her career on television playing Lily Lebowski in the NBC crime drama series Crossing Jordan (2001—2007). Hahn went on to appear as supporting actress in a number of comedy films, including How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), Step Brothers (2008), Our Idiot Brother (2011), We're the Millers (2013) and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013).
As lead actress, Hahn starred in the 2013 comedy-drama Afternoon Delight directed by Jill Soloway. In 2016, she starred in the comedy film Bad Moms (2016). She also has appeared in a number of dramatic films, including Revolutionary Road (2008), This Is Where I Leave You (2014), Tomorrowland (2015), The Visit (2015), and Captain Fantastic (2016).
Hahn was born in Westchester, Illinois, the daughter of Karen and Bill Hahn. She has German, Irish, and English ancestry. She was raised Catholic. Hahn grew up in Cleveland Heights, Ohio and attended Beaumont School. She attended Northwestern University, where she obtained a bachelor's degree in theatre before attending Yale University. While attending Yale School of Drama, Hahn starred as Sally Bowles in Cabaret and as Célimène in Molière's play The Misanthrope.
Hahn's first appearance on a show was NBC's Hickory Hideout, a puppet show for children. While attending a theater festival she met an NBC casting director who introduced her to creator/producer Tim Kring, who created the role of Lily Lebowski in Crossing Jordan for her. The series aired from 2001 to 2007. Hahn has said of meeting Kring, "NBC and Tim Kring took a huge leap of faith in casting me. To be worked into a show that was in production and on the schedule, is an amazing stroke of luck". On October 21, 2008, TV Guide reported that Hahn signed a talent holding deal with Fox.
In 2003, Hahn played supporting role opposite Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in the romantic comedy film, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. The following year, she appeared in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Around the Bend, and Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie. She later had more supporting roles in films, including the 2005 romantic comedy-drama A Lot like Love starring Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet, The Holiday (2006) with Cameron Diaz, the science fiction adventure drama The Last Mimzy (2007) alongside Rainn Wilson, Step Brothers (2008), Revolutionary Road (2008) starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard (2009), How Do You Know (2010), Our Idiot Brother (2011), and Wanderlust (2012).
On television, Hahn starred alongside Hank Azaria in the short-lived NBC comedy series, Free Agents (2011), a remake of the British series of the same name. She had recurring roles on HBO shows Hung and Girls. From 2012 to 2015, she received praise for her recurring role on the NBC comedy series, Parks and Recreation as Jennifer Barkley, campaign manager to Leslie Knope's (Amy Poehler) opponent Bobby Newport (Paul Rudd, whom she starred alongside in Our Idiot Brother, How Do You Know, and Wanderlust). She received a Critics' Choice Television Award nomination for Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series for her performance.
In 2013, Hahn played her first leading role, in the comedy-drama film Afternoon Delight written and directed by Jill Soloway. The film premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. For her role, she was nominated for a Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Breakthrough. Later that year, Hahn appeared opposite Jennifer Aniston in the box-office hit We're the Millers, and co-starred alongside Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. In 2014, she starred in the comedy film Bad Words opposite Jason Bateman, the ensemble comedy-drama This Is Where I Leave You, and Peter Bogdanovich's She's Funny That Way opposite Owen Wilson.
In 2014, Hahn was cast as Raquel Fein in the Amazon Studios critically acclaimed dark comedy-drama, Transparent created by Jill Soloway. She received a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination along with the cast. In 2015, she starred alongside Steve Coogan in the Showtime comedy-drama, Happyish. The series was canceled after a single season. That same year, Hahn co-starred with George Clooney and Hugh Laurie in the science-fiction adventure film Tomorrowland, and starred in the box-office horror hit The Visit.
In 2016, Hahn appeared opposite Viggo Mortensen in the drama film Captain Fantastic, and starred alongside Mila Kunis, Christina Applegate, Kristen Bell and Jada Pinkett Smith in the comedy film Bad Moms. IndieWire’s Kate Erbland gave the film a B-, noting that it “boasts some good jokes but Hahn’s revelatory performance is the big draw.” She will next appear in the Amazon comedy pilot I Love Dick, based on the novel by the same name by Chris Kraus, directed by Jill Soloway, which premiered on August 19, 2016.
|2003||How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days||Michelle Rueben|
|2004||Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!||Angelica|
|2004||Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy||Helen|
|2004||Around the Bend||Sarah|
|2004||Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie||Helen|
|2005||Lot Like Love, AA Lot Like Love||Michelle|
|2006||Holiday, TheThe Holiday||Bristol|
|2007||Last Mimzy, TheThe Last Mimzy||Naomi Schwartz|
|2008||Step Brothers||Alice Huff|
|2008||Revolutionary Road||Milly Campbell|
|2009||Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, TheThe Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard||Babs Merrick|
|2010||How Do You Know||Annie|
|2011||Our Idiot Brother||Janet|
|2012||Dictator, TheThe Dictator||Pregnant woman|
|2013||We're the Millers||Edie Fitzgerald|
|2013||Bad Words||Jenny Widgeon|
|2013||Dark Around the Stars||Judith|
|2013||Secret Life of Walter Mitty, TheThe Secret Life of Walter Mitty||Odessa Mitty|
|2014||She's Funny That Way||Delta Simmons|
|2014||This Is Where I Leave You||Annie Altman|
|2015||The D Train||Stacey|
|2015||Len and Company||Isabelle|
|2015||The Visit||Loretta Jamison|
|2015||The Family Fang||Camille Fang|
|2001–2007||Crossing Jordan||Lily Lebowski||104 episodes|
|2006||Four Kings||Sharon||2 episodes|
|2011||Funny or Die Presents||Huntress||2 episodes|
|2011||Traffic Light||Kate||2 episodes|
|2011||Mad Love||Linda Clay||Episode: "Friends"|
|2011||Free Agents||Helen||8 episodes|
|2012–2015||Parks and Recreation||Jennifer Barkley||11 episodes
Nominated—Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series (2012)
|2012||Girls||Katherine Lavoyt||4 episodes|
|2012||Newsroom, TheThe Newsroom||Carrie||Episode: "I'll Try to Fix You"|
|2012||Childrens Hospital||Lamaze Teacher||Episode: "Childrens Lawspital"|
|2012||Robot Chicken||Mrs. Marquez / T-Shirt Girl #1 (voices)||Episode: "Hemlock, Gin and Juice"|
|2013–2015||Kroll Show||Mikey's mom||5 episodes|
|2013||NTSF:SD:SUV::||Marge||Episode: "TGI Murder"|
|2013||The Greatest Event in Television History||Greta Strauss Sara Rush||2 episodes|
|2014||Bob's Burgers||Jessica (voice)||Episode: "Slumber Party"|
|2014||Chozen||Tracy (voice)||10 episodes|
|2014||American Dad!||Luli (voice)||Episode: "Honey, I'm Homeland"|
|2014–present||Transparent||Raquel Fein||14 episodes
Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (2016)
|2015||Happyish||Lee Payne||10 episodes|
|2015||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Herself||Episode: "Kathryn Hahn Wears Ripped Jeans and Black Heels"|
|2016||Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Eleanor Horstweil||Episode: "Hostage Situation"|
|2016||I Love Dick||Chris||Pilot|
April 19 – October 5, 2008
- "High-stakes Journey Of An Actress - Hartford Courant". Articles.courant.com. 1998-11-29. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "7 Sisters Of Drama - Hartford Courant". Articles.courant.com. 2001-04-29. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "On Unorthodox, Irin Carmon Talks 'Notorious RBG,' and Kathryn Hahn Describes Playing a Rabbi on Amazon's 'Transparent'". Tablet Magazine. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Kathryn Hahn". SideReel.
- Said on March 15, 2012, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- "Kathryn Hahn biography". Tribute.ca. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Kathryn Hahn Is 'Crossing' Over to Fox". TV Guide. October 21, 2008. Retrieved on October 22, 2008.
- Free Agents at NBC web site
- Grabert, Jessica (2011-11-28). "Free Agents' Kathryn Hahn Nabs Recurring Role On Parks and Recreation". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/community-mad-man-and-parks-rec-lead-critics%E2%80%99-choice-tv-awards-nominations/". Retrieved 5 June 2016. External link in
- "Afternoon Delight". 30 August 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Gotham Independent Film Awards 2013 Nominations". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Lesley Goldberg (13 November 2014). "Kathryn Hahn Sets Return to Showtime's 'Happyish'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Kathryn Hahn Moves From Antic Gal Pal to 'Happyish' Woman". The New York Times. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 24, 2015). "'Happyish' Cancelled By Showtime After One Season". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- Borys Kit (4 October 2013). "Kathryn Hahn Joins George Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Kathryn Hahn Talks The Visit, Ab Fab and Getting Her Head Blown Off in Tomorrowland". E! Online. 9 September 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Weekend Agenda: The Visit Star Kathryn Hahn on Working With M. Night Shyamalan - Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Fischer, Russ (25 January 2016). "Sundance Review: 'Captain Fantastic' Starring Viggo Mortensen, Frank Langella, And Kathryn Hahn". Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Captain Fantastic". 8 July 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- Anita Busch. "'Bad Moms' Movie: Jada Pinkett Smith & Kathryn Hahn Join Cast - Deadline". Deadline. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Calvario, Liz (28 July 2016). "'Bad Moms' Critical Roundup: Critics Agree That Kathryn Hahn Steals The Show In 'Funny Enough' Comedy". Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (23 February 2016). "Kathryn Hahn To Star In Jill Soloway Amazon Pilot 'I Love Dick'". Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "'Transparent' Star Kathryn Hahn Cast in Jill Soloway's 'I Love Dick' Amazon Pilot". 23 February 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- Petski, Denise (July 21, 2016). "'The Tick', 'I Love Dick' & 'Jean-Claude Van Johnson' Amazon Pilots Get Premiere Date". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (23 June 2016). "Max Winkler Indie 'Flower' Blooms With Zoey Deutch, Kathryn Hahn, Tim Heidecker & Adam Scott". Retrieved 29 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kathryn Hahn.|