- For the defunct Czech truck manufacturing company see:LIAZ (Czech Republic)
|Ликинский автобусный завод|
|Headquarters||Likino-Dulyovo, Moscow Oblast, Russia|
|Products||Buses, trolleybuses (2005–2012)|
Number of employees
LiAZ (Russian: Ликинский автобусный завод (ЛиАЗ) Likinskiy Avtobusnyi Zavod, English: Likino Bus Plant) is a bus manufacturing company located in Likino-Dulyovo, Russia. It is now a wholly owned subsidiary of GAZ. Specializes in designing and manufacturing buses large and extra large class (length 10.5 m and +).
The factory was created in 1937 as a wood processing plant LOZOD (Likino Engineered Wood Test Factory). It produced pressed wood products, as well as wood particle boards. In 1944 the factory was renamed to LiMZ (Likino Machinery Factory) and it started producing small machinery like power saws and portable generators.
In 1959 the factory started to assemble passenger buses ZIL-158. It was renamed to LiAZ the same year. In 1967 the factory designed and manufactured the first bus model of its own named LiAZ-677. The factory produced 194,183 buses of this model in the next 29 years.
In 1986 began production of the new model LiAZ-5256, which is now the most common model of a large bus in Russia (in 2013 produced more than 24,650 buses).
After the collapse of the Soviet Union, LiAZ started to experience difficulties. In 1996 bus manufacturing ceased and the factory declared bankruptcy in 1997. The factory has since been restructured and is known as LLC Likinskij Avtobusnyj Zavod. In 2000 it became part of the RusAvtoProm Corporation, and has been part of the GAZ Group since 2005.
- ZIL-158/LiAZ-158 (1959–1970), front-engined bus
- LiAZ-677 (1967–1996), front-engined bus
Current model range
- LiAZ-5256 (since 1986), rear-engined bus
- LiAZ-5292 (since 2004), rear-engined low-floor bus. Buses of this model were used for the Olympic games 2014 in Sochi.
- LiAZ-5293 (since 2006), rear-engined low-entry bus
- LiAZ-6212 (since 2002), articulated bus based on LiAZ-5256
- LiAZ-6213 (since 2007), low-floor articulated bus based on LiAZ-5292
- LiAZ-5280 (2005–2012), trolleybus based on LiAZ-5256
- LiAZ-52802, low-floor trolleybus based on LiAZ-5292
- LiAZ-52803, low-entry trolleybus based on LiAZ-5293
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Likinskij Avtobusnyj Zavod.|