This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|M. Y. Paramonov, CEO of the financial-industrial group Doninvest|
|Products||Automobiles and commercial vehicles|
Number of employees
TagAZ (Russian: ТагАЗ, Таганрогский автомобильный завод, translit. Taganrog Avtomobilnyi Zavod, lit. 'Taganrog Automobile Factory') was an automotive assembly plant located in Taganrog, Russia. An affiliated enterprise is the Rostov Truck Factory.
On January 21, 2014, the company was declared bankrupt.
Construction of the Taganrog Automotive Plant began in spring 1997, under license and technology of South Korean Daewoo Motors, and was fully financed by Doninvest Finance & Industry Group, with investment volumes surpassing US$260 million. In 1998, Doninvest launched pilot semi-knocked-down production of the Daewoo Lanos and Daewoo Nubira models.
From 1999 to 2002, the company assembled the Citroën Berlingo Mk I model under the name Orion M.
In 2001, it started producing the Hyundai Accent (LC), followed in 2004 by the Hyundai Sonata (EF), in 2008 by the Hyundai Elantra (XD), and in 2005 by the Hyundai Porter (third generation) light truck. In 2008, it started production of the Hyundai Santa Fe (SM). In the spring of 2012, production of the Hyundai models was over.
In 2010, TagAZ announced the construction of a third automotive manufacturing plant in Bangladesh, with an initial $2 billion investment. According to TagAZ officials, the decision to build cars in Bangladesh was made because of its low labour costs and the export advantages it enjoys with neighbouring countries and Europe. TagAZ had already purchased land in the Kishoreganj District and aimed to sell the first car assembled there by 2012.
In June 2011, the company began assembly from complete-knocked-down kits of the Tagaz C10 (a rebadged version of the JAC Tojoy). In October 2011, the Tagaz C190 (a rebadged version of the JAC Rein) was added to the line-up.
The company currently has the capacity to simultaneously produce up to 20 different models at its facilities.
Owners and executives
TagAZ's owner is Russian entrepreneur M. Y. Paramonov, CEO of the financial-industrial Doninvest group. One-fifth of TagAZ shares are held by Sapor Invest Inc., Ikaria International Technologies Aktiengesellschaft, Pemberton Establishment, Asha Holding, and Dl Technologies GmbH.
The TagAZ factory at Taganrog covers an area of 60,000 m2 and is divided into 5 departments:
- Welding body shop
- Paint shop
- Assembly shop (4 lines)
- Electroplating shop
- Functional testing shop
The conveyor line is laid out vertically over four floors of the main plant building, with a network of elevators and lifts linking the different levels. Each level is equipped with a monorail as well as compact lifting and transporting equipment.
All completed vehicles undergo a road test on a track made up of varied road surfaces.
The current yearly production regime is 180,000 units of six different vehicle models.
TagAZ used three brands:
Under the brand Doninvest (licensed copies of Daewoo )
- Doninvest Kondor (Daewoo Leganza)
- Doninvest Orion (Daewoo Nubira)
- Doninvest Assol (Daewoo Lanos)
- Doninvest Aksaj Dozor (buggy based on Lada Niva)
Vortex (rebadged Chery)
- Vortex Estina, rebadged from the Chery A5
- Vortex Estina FL-C, rebadged from the Chery E5
- Vortex Corda, rebadged from the Chery Amulet
- Vortex Tingo, rebadged from the Chery Tiggo
- Tagaz Tager, rebadged from the SsangYong Korando
- Tagaz Road Partner, rebadged from the SsangYong Musso
- Tagaz C10, rebadged from the JAC Tojoy
- Tagaz C190, rebadged from the JAC Rein
- Tagaz Aquila
- Tagaz Vega
- Tagaz Master
- Tagaz Hardy light truck
TagAZ produced foreign brands
TagAZ assembled the following foreign brands from knock-down kits:
- Hyundai Accent LC
- Hyundai Sonata EF
- Hyundai Porter III
- Hyundai Elantra XD
- Hyundai Santa Fe SM
- Hyundai County
- Hyundai Trago Xcient
- For 9 months.
- История Донинвест — официальная история марки автомобиля (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2010-06-26.
- http://ras.arbitr.ru/PdfDocument/86f101f5-528c-4358-be9f-e984e0b8f412/%D0%9053-14973-2012__20140131.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Taganrog Automobile Assembly Plant TAGAZ".
- "Taganrog-made Hyundai Cars Vanished from Car Dealers". Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "About TagAZ". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "taganrogcity.com - Doninvest starts production of Hyundai Elantra XD in Taganrog". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Russia's TagAZ Launches Chery Assembly". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Tagaz team looks into technicalities before setting up car plant".
- "Tagaz Korea plans $2b investment in Bangladesh". Archived from the original on 2011-06-11.
- "South Korean company to manufacture cars in Bangladesh". Archived from the original on 2009-12-22.
- "Buffett-backed Chinese carmaker BYD starts production in Russia". Automotive News. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Russia's TagAZ Vortex Corda Sedan Assembly". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "AUTOSTAT - TagAZ will begin the production of Chery cars in June". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Russia's TagAZ Adds Assembly of Another Chinese Car". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "AUTOSTAT - Vortex Tingo occupied the one third of production of "TagAZ" in the first half of year". Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- Official website (archived)