Line S1, BCR
|Line S1, BCR|
|Operator(s)||Beijing Railway Bureau|
|Line length||18.869 kilometres (11.725 mi)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph)|
Line S1 (Chinese: S1线; pinyin: S Yī Xiàn) or Mentougou Line (Chinese: 门头沟线; pinyin: Méntóugōu Xiàn) formerly known as Datai Line (Chinese: 大台线; pinyin: Dàtái Xiàn), or Beijing Maglev Trains (Chinese: 北京低速磁悬浮; pinyin: Běijīng Dīsù Cíxuánfú) is a magnetic levitation train currently under construction. It will be operated by the Beijing Suburban Railway. Line S1 of BCR will start from the Dinghuiqiao North Number Five Road on the West Fourth Ring Road, and will go west towards Mentougou. Reports in July 2014 say the line will commence operation in November or December 2015. Once completed, it will be China's 2nd commercial maglev train in operation.
The line is part of Beijing's attempts to tackle environmental problems caused by heavy car use, coal burning and fast urbanisation. Another reason is that many cities are reportedly upgrading their urban rail systems and introducing green technologies. The maglev train produces zero emissions unlike conventional trains that run on diesel or coal.[dubious ]
|Beijing Municipal Bureau of Mine||矿务局|
- "S1 line of Beijing subway to use maglev trains". eBeijing, the Official Website of the Beijing Government.
- "New maglev projects on track for launch next year". Shanghai Daily. 2014-07-09.
- NAN, ZHONG (19 February 2014). "Maglev trains speeding toward greener future". China Daily Asia. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Beijing's first maglev train plans to open in 2012". People's Daily Online.
- "Nation New maglev line to connect western Beijing". People's Daily Online.
- "Beijing's 1st maglev train to start construction".