List of converts to Islam from Hinduism
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of some converts to Islam from Hinduism.
|Muhammed Yusuf Khan||Born Maruthanayagam Pillai; converted to Islam; later served as Commandant for the British East India Company troops|||
|Kabir Suman||Formerly known as Suman Chattopadhyay; a Hindu-Brahmin who converted|||
|Kamal Dasgupta||Bengali Singer, converted and married another maestro, Firoza Begum. Changed name to Kamal Ali after conversion.|||
|Jalaluddin Muhammad Shah||Son of Raja Ganesha; introduced Islam to many Hindus after his conversion|||
|Yuvan Shankar Raja||Indian musician|||
|Baba Shadi Shaheed||Sufi saint|||
|Malik Maqbul||Formerly known as Yugandhar|||
|Malik Kafur||Commander of Alauddin Khalji, born as Hindu eunuch slave|||
|Steven Vikash Chand||Arrested in the 2006 Toronto terrorism arrests|||
|Malikussaleh||Originally Mara Silu; changed his name to Malikussaleh after his conversion|||
|Parameswara||Convert who changed his name to Iskandar Shah|||
|Dhoondia Wao||Opponent of the British East India company; took up the name Malik Jahan Khan after his conversion|||
|Kamala Das||Poet, Novelist, Short Story Writer|||
- Yusuf Khan: the rebel commandant by Samuel Charles Hill
- ‘I followed my heart’, Deccan Chronicle, archived from the original on January 2, 2011
- "Shafin memorizes his father". Daily Sun (Bangladesh). Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- GHOSH, BISHWANATH. LONGING BELONGING: AN OUTSIDER AT HOME IN CALCUTTA. Westland. ISBN 9789384030605. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Other side of 'Love Jihad'- List of renowned Hindus who had a Muslim wife". The Siasat Daily. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- N. Hanif, Biographical Encyclopaedia of Sufis: South Asia, p. 320
- Celebrities who converted to Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Religion and Ethics - Volume 11, p. 72
- Iqtidar Alam Khan, Historical Dictionary of Medieval India, p. 88
- A convert who wanted to spread the faith The Globe and Mail — June 7, 2006
- Perlak Sultanate
- Douglas Bullis, Beyond the Monsoon
- Mohibbul Hasan, History of Tipu Sultan, p. 271
- Writer Kamala Das kicks up a storm with her remarks on Lord Krishna, conversion to Islam