This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lyndal Harrington is a blogger from Houston, Texas who was jailed for contempt in a defamation lawsuit brought by Anna Nicole Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur who claimed TMZ, CBS, TV journalist Art Harris and others prevented her from obtaining the custody of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter Dannielynn Hope Marshall Birkhead  The court put Harrington in jail because she failed to turn over her computer as evidence. Harrington claimed that she couldn't voluntarily comply with the court's order because her computer was stolen – there is a question as to whether this robbery was staged. Afterward, Harrington obtained attorney and reached an agreement with the court where she would not go back to jail.
Virgie Arthur's defamation lawsuit was dismissed after TMZ, CBS and others won summary judgment. Dannielynn Birkhead's father Larry Birkhead of Louisville, Kentucky obtained sole custody of his daughter.
- "Comin' To Get Y'All!!". PerezHilton.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Yahoo! New Zealand News". Nz.news.yahoo.com. 14 October 2011. Archived from the original on 2 October 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Blogger Lyndal Harrington Jailed For Failing To Turn In PC As Evidence". Pulse2.com. 2 June 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Cheng, Jacqui (1 June 2009). "Texas blogger jailed after failing to turn PC over to judge". Arstechnica.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Malisow, Craig (27 May 2009). "Blogging About Anna Nicole Smith? Be Prepared For Jail Time – Houston News – Hair Balls". Blogs.houstonpress.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Blogger jailed for contempt". The Inquirer. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Lyndal Harrington's Jail Stay makes International News will it get her a Much Needed Pro Bono Attorney? | Rose speaks – Celebrity and High Profile Trials". Rose speaks. 27 May 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Site News and Lyndal Harrington and Court Reaches Agreement, Harrington Home for the Holiday!!! | Rose speaks – Celebrity and High Profile Trials". Rose speaks. 2 July 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "NO" (PDF). Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Virgie Arthur decides to drop the Federal lawsuit against CBS, Howard K. Stern et al".
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|