Icon, Version 17
Minitab 17 running on Windows 8
|Developer(s)||Minitab, Inc. |
17.3.1 / March 1, 2016
Minitab is a statistics package developed at the Pennsylvania State University by researchers Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan, Jr., and Brian L. Joiner in 1972. It began as a light version of OMNITAB, a statistical analysis program by NIST; the documentation for OMNITAB was published 1986, and there has been no significant development since then.
Minitab is distributed by Minitab Inc, a privately owned company headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania. Minitab Inc. also produces Quality Trainer and Quality Companion, which can be used in conjunction with Minitab: the first being an eLearning package that teaches statistical tools and concepts in the context of quality improvement, while the second is a tool for managing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- "Minitab Statistical Software Features - Minitab." Software for Statistics, Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Quality - Minitab. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011. <http://www.minitab.com/en-US/products/minitab/features/>.
- Groebner, David F., Mark L. Berenson, David M. Levine, Timothy C. Krehbiel, and Hang Lau. Applied management statistics. Custom ed. Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing/Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2008. Print
- Brook, Quentin (2010). Lean Six Sigma and Minitab: The Complete Toolbox Guide for All Lean Six Sigma Practitioners (3rd ed.). United Kingdom: OPEX Resources Ltd. ISBN 978-0-9546813-6-4.
- Bryman, Alan; Cramer, Duncan (1996). Quantitative Data Analysis with Minitab: A Guide for Social Scientists. London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-12323-2.
- Meyer, Ruth K.; David D. Krueger (2004). A Minitab Guide to Statistics (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall Publishing. ISBN 978-0-13-149272-1.
- Hardwick, Colin (2013). Practical Design of Experiments: DoE Made Easy! (1st ed.). United Kingdom: Liberation Books Ltd. ISBN 978-1482760996.
- Stein, Philip G.; Matey, James R.; Pitts, Karen (1997). "A Review of Statistical Software for the Apple Macintosh". The American Statistician. 51 (1): 67–82. doi:10.1080/00031305.1997.10473593.
- Khan, Rehman M. (2013). Problem solving and data analysis using Minitab : a clear and easy guide to Six Sigma methodology (1st ed.). New York: Wiley. ISBN 9781118307571.
- Official website
- Quality Companion by Minitab
- Quality Trainer by Minitab
- Minitab Answers Knowledgebase
- Roberts, Dennis. "Minitab resource website". Penn State.
- Collection of free Minitab tutorial videos
- Minitab 15 basics
- Minitab online in cloud
|This statistics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This scientific software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|