From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Makara may refer to:
- Capricorn (astrology) in the Hindu calendar
- Makara (album), the third studio album released by E.S. Posthumus
- Makara (Hindu mythology), a mythical creature in Hinduism
- Makara (magazine), a Canadian feminist arts journal (1975–1978)
- Makara (surname)
- Makara River, Wellington
- Makara River, Chatham Islands
- Makara, New Zealand, a rural locality on the coast of the North Island
- Makara Guardians, a group opposed to wind-farm development at Makara in New Zealand
- Universitas Indonesia logo name
- X-Bomber, a Japanese sci-fi puppet character also named Commander Makara
- A trademarked name for an Indonesian variety of cinnamon used by Cinnabon
- In the Khmer language, Makara is the first month of a year, January (Khmer: មករា).
- Makara means "blessed" in Greek. Since many East European people accepted Christianity from the Greeks, many of these peoples have Makara in the root of some names: Makarios (Greeks), Makara (Slovaks), Makarov (Russians), Makarenko (Ukrainians).
- Makara means "charcoal" in Kikuyu, a Central Kenya local language
- Seven sisters who became the Pleiades in the mythology of some Aboriginal tribes in Australia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Makara.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.