Michele Buck is an American businesswoman. In March 2017, she became the first female President and CEO of The Hershey Company, an American food manufacturing company, replacing former CEO John Bilbrey.
Early life and education
A native of central Pennsylvania, Buck earned a bachelor's degree at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania and holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1987.
Before joining Hershey in 2005, Buck worked for 17 years at Kraft/Nabisco, holding several senior positions including Senior Vice President and General Manager for Kraft Confections, as well as senior positions at the Frito-Lay division of PepsiCo.
At Hershey, Buck spearheaded the acquisition of Krave Beef Jerky, acquired by Hershey in 2015, and barkThins, a healthy chocolate brand acquired in 2016. Prior to her appointment as CEO, Buck served as Chief Operating Officer for Hershey, where she led the company's day-to-day operations in North America as well as operations in Central and South America. In December 2016, it was announced that she was to succeed John Bilbrey as chief executive officer of the company.
In 2017, Hershey announced its first acquisition under Buck, a $1.6B deal to purchase Amplify Snack Brands, further diversifying Hersey's holdings in the healthy snack category. It is the largest deal to date in the history of The Hershey Company.
In 2005, while serving as Senior Vice President, President of U.S. Snacks at Hershey, Buck received the Women Worth Watching Award.
- "Hershey names 11-year vet Michele Buck to CEO post". fortune.com. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- CNBC (21 December 2016). "Hershey names Michele Buck as new CEO". cnbc.com. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Gasparro, Annie (2016-12-21). "Hershey Names Michele Buck CEO". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Our Leadership". Corporate. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "The Hershey Company to Acquire KRAVE Jerky: a Leading All-Natural, Gourmet Snacks Brand". www.businesswire.com. 2015-01-29. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- foodnavigator-usa.com. "Hershey acquires barkTHINS: It 'essentially created a new form of chocolate snacking'". foodnavigator-usa.com. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Michele Buck". Fortune. 2018-09-24. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Board of Directors". www.newyorklife.com. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Women Worth Watching – Michele Buck". Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Michele Buck". Fortune. 2017-09-21. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|