September 1, 1980
Portland, Oregon, United States
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st)|
|Reach||71.0 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Team||Rose City FC|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Notable school(s)||Sam Barlow High School|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, Pierce competed in wrestling at Sam Barlow High School in Gresham, Oregon and then continued his career at Portland State University where he was a two-time All-American.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pierce was expected to fight Josh Koscheck on January 11, 2010 at UFC Fight Night 20. However, Koscheck instead fought Anthony Johnson at UFC 106 and Pierce went on to face Jon Fitch on December 12, 2009 at UFC 107. After losing the first two rounds, Pierce dominated the end of the third round, nearly finishing Fitch. He lost to Fitch via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Pierce was scheduled to face Rob Kimmons on March 21, 2010 at UFC Live: Vera vs. Jones, but Kimmons was forced off the card with an injury. Pierce instead faced UFC newcomer Julio Paulino. Pierce won the fight via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Pierce defeated Carlos Eduardo Rocha on June 8, 2012 at UFC on FX 3 by unanimous decision. After a dominant performance by Pierce, initially 2 judges scored the fight 30-27 for Pierce, while the 3rd judge inexplicably scored it 30-27 for Rocha. However, it was later announced that the judge, Ric Bays, had scored the fight for the wrong corner and he had actually won unanimously.
Pierce fought Aaron Simpson on October 5, 2012 at UFC on FX 5. After a dominant first round put in by Simpson, nearly finishing Pierce on two separate occasions, Pierce came back, and 29 seconds into the second round, finished Simpson via one punch KO.
Pierce fought David Mitchell on July 6, 2013 at UFC 162. After a close first round, Pierce won via TKO in the second round after landing a short left hook to the jaw and following up with ground and pound.
Pierce next faced Rousimar Palhares on October 9, 2013 at UFC Fight Night 29. He lost the fight via heel hook submission just 31 seconds into the first round. However, Palhares continued cranking the heel hook even after Pierce tapped out and the referee stepped in, leading the UFC to cut ties with Palhares the next day. Pierce suffered a sprained MCL and a torn ankle ligament. 
After over two years away from the sport, Pierce returned from extended hiatus to face Ryan LaFlare on December 11, 2015 at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale. He lost the back-and-forth fight by unanimous decision.
On January 29, 2016, Pierce was released from the UFC. 
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|24 matches||17 wins||7 losses|
|Loss||17–7||Ryan LaFlare||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale||December 11, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||17–6||Rousimar Palhares||Submission (heel hook)||UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Shields||October 9, 2013||1||0:31||Barueri, Brazil|
|Win||17–5||David Mitchell||TKO (punches)||UFC 162||July 6, 2013||2||2:55||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–5||Seth Baczynski||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson||December 15, 2012||3||5:00||Gold Coast, Australia|
|Win||15–5||Aaron Simpson||KO (punch)||UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot||October 5, 2012||2||0:29||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||14–5||Carlos Eduardo Rocha||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall||June 8, 2012||3||5:00||Sunrise, Florida, United States|
|Loss||13–5||Josh Koscheck||Decision (split)||UFC 143||February 4, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||13–4||Paul Bradley||Decision (split)||UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos||November 12, 2011||3||5:00||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Loss||12–4||Johny Hendricks||Decision (split)||UFC 133||August 6, 2011||3||5:00||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Win||12–3||Kenny Robertson||TKO (punches)||UFC 126||February 5, 2011||2||0:29||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||11–3||Amilcar Alves||Submission (straight armbar)||UFC 118||August 28, 2010||3||3:11||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||10–3||Julio Paulino||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Live: Vera vs. Jones||March 21, 2010||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||9–3||Jon Fitch||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 107||December 12, 2009||3||5:00||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Win||9–2||Brock Larson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Diaz vs. Guillard||September 16, 2009||3||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||8–2||Paul Bradley||Decision (unanimous)||RIE 2: Brotherly Love Brawl||April 30, 2009||3||5:00||Oaks, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Win||7–2||Justin Haskins||TKO (punches)||WEC 39||March 1, 2009||3||3:39||Corpus Christi, Texas, United States|
|Win||6–2||Sean Huffman||TKO (punches)||Carnage at the Creek 4||November 22, 2008||2||4:40||Shelton, Washington, United States|
|Win||5–2||Mark Miller||TKO (doctor stoppage)||SF 24: Domination||September 19, 2008||2||1:38||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||4–2||Jake Paul||Decision (unanimous)||EWC: Summer Slaughter||August 2, 2008||3||5:00||Salem, Oregon, United States|
|Loss||3–2||Nathan Coy||Decision (unanimous)||SF 23: Heated Rivals||June 20, 2008||5||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States||For the SF Welterweight Championship.|
|Win||3–1||Ed Nuno||Decision (unanimous)||SF 21: Seasons Beatings||December 22, 2007||3||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||2–1||Mike Dolce||KO (slam)||SF 20: Homecoming||October 27, 2007||1||0:05||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Mark Muñoz||Decision (unanimous)||GC 69: Bad Intentions||September 22, 2007||3||5:00||Sacramento, California, United States||Middleweight bout.|
|Win||1–0||Nick Gilardi||TKO (doctor stoppage)||Elite Warriors Championship||June 2, 2007||2||4:54||Portland, Oregon, United States|
- "Mike Pierce". UFC.
- "Northwest FightScene Magazine - Mike Pierce faces Jon Fitch this coming Saturday at UFC 107". nwfightscene.com. line feed character in
|title=at position 72 (help)
- "Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce in the works for UFC Fight Night 20 in Virginia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- "Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson in the works for UFC 106". fiveknuckles.com. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- "Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce official for "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez" in December". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- "Mike Pierce vs. Rob Kimmons slated for UFC on Versus 1 on March 21". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Rob Kimmons injured, Julio Paulino steps in to face Mike Pierce at UFC on Versus 1". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Mike Pierce vs. Newcomer Amilcar Alves Expected for August's UFC 118". mmafrenzy.com. 2010-06-02.
- Leland Roling (September 1, 2010). "UFC Welterweight Mike Pierce makes convincing case for relevant fights after dominating performance". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved September 1, 2010.
- "Mike Pierce vs Kenny Robertson expected for UFC 126 in February". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved December 3, 2010.
- "Mike Pierce vs. Johny Hendricks targeted for UFC 133 in Philly". mmajnkie.com. April 28, 2011.
- Tim Burke (2011-08-03). "UFC 133 Results Recap: Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Bradley vs. Pierce added to UFC on FOX 1". mmajunkie.com. October 4, 2011.
- "Mike Pierce replaces Carlos Condit against Josh Koscheck on Feb. 4 in Las Vegas". mmamania.com. 2011-12-09.
- "UFC 143 results: Josh Koscheck edges 'stepping stone' Mike Pierce via split decision". MMAjunkie.com. February 5, 2012.
- "Mike Pierce vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha is first addition to UFC on FX 3 on June 8". MMAjunkie.com. March 20, 2012.
- "Mike Pierce's split decision win at UFC on FX 3 actually a unanimous nod". mmajunkie.com. June 13, 2012.
- "Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson on tap for UFC on FX 5 in Minneapolis". mmajunkie.com. August 2, 2012.
- "UFC on FX 5 results: Mike Pierce rallies for one-punch KO of Aaron Simpson". mmajunkie.com. October 5, 2012.
- "Mike Pierce replaces Kyle Noke, meets Seth Baczynski at UFC on FX 6". mmajunkie.com. October 31, 2012.
- "UFC on FX 6 results: Mike Pierce outwrestles Seth Baczynski, earns unanimous nod". mmajunkie.com. December 15, 2012.
- Staff (April 12, 2013). "Mike Pierce vs. David Mitchell targeted for UFC 162". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Steven Marrocco (July 6, 2013). "UFC 162 results/photos: Mike Pierce floors David Mitchell for fourth straight". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Guilherme Cruz (2013-08-20). "Mike Pierce vs. Rousimar Palhares added to UFN 29". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- Steven Marrocco (2013-10-18). "Mike Pierce adds torn ankle ligament to injuries suffered in Palhares fight". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Mike Pierce on Palhares: "The Guy's an A-Hole"".
- Thomas Myers (2014-03-26). "Ultimate Fighter (TUF): 'Brazil 3' Finale fight card to feature Demian Maia vs Mike Pierce". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Broken hand forces Mike Pierce out of May fight with Demian Maia, who awaits new foe". MMAjunkie.com. April 7, 2014.
- Damon Martin (2015-08-19). "Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale confirmed, two fights added to Dec 11 card in Las Vegas". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-12-11). "TUF 22 Finale results: Ryan LaFlare takes unanimous decision over Mike Pierce". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-11.