Morgan Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.65 sq mi (76.8 km2)|
|• Land||29.57 sq mi (76.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.27%|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||41.8/sq mi (16.1/km2)|
47460, 47833, 47868
|GNIS feature ID||453654|
Morgan Township was founded in the 1820s.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.65 square miles (76.8 km2), of which 29.57 square miles (76.6 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.27%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Olive Hill, Pleasant Grove and Spears.
- Greybrook Lake
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- State Senate District 39
- "Morgan Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 784.