Harrison Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||17.58 sq mi (45.5 km2)|
|• Land||17.55 sq mi (45.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|• Density||25.3/sq mi (9.8/km2)|
46166, 47433, 47456
|GNIS feature ID||453394|
Harrison Township was organized in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.58 square miles (45.5 km2), of which 17.55 square miles (45.5 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
The township contains Asher Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Shenandoah Flying Field Airport
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 47
- State Senate District 37
- "Harrison Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 812.