Namaz-e-Tawbah; (Prayer of Repentance, also Salaat al-tawbah) is a Muslim prayer consisting of four rakah, or units, although at least one Sunni Islam sources indicate it consists of two rakah. The prayer is called for if a Muslim falls into sin—whether the sin is major or minor.
In the Shia Islam tradition, the prayer is performed as follows:
- Perform Ghusl by way of Irtimasi (submerging the whole body in water, either in stages or at once) or by way of Tartibi (wiping the body with water).
- Perform wudu
- Perform a four rakah prayer. It is the same as a regular 4 prayer except the following, which the one offering the prayer says in every rakah:
- After the prayer, say Astaghfirullah rabbi wa atubu 'ilayh
- After saying the above, say: Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaahil a'liyyil a'zeem. Then say: Yaa A'zeezo yaa ghaffooro ighfirli zunoobi wa zunooba Jamee'il mo-mineena wal mo-minaate. Fa innahu laa yaghfiro illa ant.
- 98030: Salaat al-tawbah (the prayer of repentance)| Islam Question and Answer. General Supervisor: Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid.
|This Islam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|