NAEA Propertymark (formerly National Association of Estate Agents or NAEA) is a membership organisation for estate agents (called real estate brokers in the US). It is based in and covers the UK. It is the UK's leading professional body for estate agents. Its members practice across all aspects of property in the UK, including residential and commercial sales and letting, property management, business transfer, auctioneering and land.
Founded in 1962 by estate agent and entrepreneur Raymond Andrews, the NAEA was established with the goal of upholding good practice and high professional standards in UK estate agency. This struck a chord with the industry at a time when there was little representation for estate agents and has allowed the Association to grow phenomenally over the years.
Propertymark launched in February 2017 combining Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), National Association of Valuers and Auctioneers (NAVA), Institution of Commercial Business Agents (ICBA), Association of Professional Inventory Providers (APIP) and NFoPP Awarding Body into a single brand in order to achieve a greater consumer awareness.
- Promote unity and understanding among estate agents and protect the general public against fraud, misrepresentation and malpractice
- Safeguard its membership and the public against restrictive practices within the profession
- Encourage a high ethical standard of competitive practice combined with commercial experience
- Provide an organisation for land and estate agents and managers, surveyors, auctioneers and valuers for the protection of their collective interest
- Do such things as may be necessary or expedient to sustain or raise the status of land and estate agents and managers, surveyors, auctioneers and valuers, and particularly members of the association as such.
NAEA Propertymark's rules were adopted at the inaugural meeting of the association on 6 March 1962 and have subsequently been amended, most recently in 2019
In October 2008 NAEA Propertymark entered the UK property portal market by launching their own property listings website PropertyLive. However in January 2013, it was announced that PropertyLive was to close.
- "The UK's leading professional body for estate agents - NAEA Propertymark". www.naea.co.uk. Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- "About the National Association of Estate Agents | NAEA". www.naea.co.uk. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Estate agency legend Raymond Andrews dies..." Estate Agent Today. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on October 3, 2011. Retrieved October 3, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Propertymark Rules" (PDF). Propertymark. February 7, 2019.
- "Propertylive.co.uk set to launch with 50,000 properti..." Estate Agent Today. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
- "NFoPP to close PropertyLive portal just one week afte..." Letting Agent Today. Retrieved July 1, 2019.