Nemo & Friends SeaRider
|Nemo & Friends SeaRider|
|Opening date||May 12, 2017|
|Attraction type||Simulator ride|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Riders per vehicle||122|
|Height restriction||90 cm (2 ft 11 in)|
Disney's Fastpass available
Nemo & Friends SeaRider is a simulator ride at Tokyo DisneySea at Tokyo Disney Resort. It is based on the film by Disney:Pixar, Finding Nemo, and its sequel, Finding Dory. Nemo & Friends SeaRider utilizes the same ride system as its predecessor, StormRider, which closed in May 2016. The ride, was confirmed, to be coming to Tokyo DisneySea, in May 2015. The estimated completing time was then set for “Spring 2017”.
The attraction is located in the Marine Life Institute, at the heart of Port Discovery. Scientists, at the Institute, have created a new substance, called “Chidiminium”, which can conduct electricity, and shrink materials. This new material is used, to safely shrink the SeaRider, a fish shaped submarine, with guests inside. The SeaRider boasts artificial fish intelligence, which allows it to think like any real fish, and operate without any pilot.
Guests dive into the sea aboard this fish submarine, and meet marine life, such as Nemo, Dory and Marlin, who take guests on one journey through the ocean, and encountering numerous characters ,from the two films of Finding Nemo. Similar to Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, there are multiple variations in the ride film, with the attraction being divided into roughly five story beats.
Upon being shrunk, the guests arrive on the Great Barrier Reef. They travel through the reef either, in the midst of one game of hide and seek with Dory, or swimming with Mr. Ray, and his class.
As this sequence ends, they are invited to ride on the East Australian Current, with the Sea Turtles, with sequences either focusing on Crush or Squirt. Leaving the Current, either drops the group off in the Jellyfish Forest, where they bounce their way out, or in the Kelp Forest, where they play tag with the Sea Otters.
This leads into one climactic sequence, which can include being sucked, into the pipes of the Marine Life Institute, and evading kids at the touch tank, and escaping with the help of Hank, or encountering the giant squid at the sunken shipping cargo area, which concludes with the group being rescued, by Destiny and Bailey.
The attraction wraps up, with the “return to the reef” scene, where the group is carried and dropped off by Becky and the Loons, or following the stingray migration back. The gang says farewell, and the SeaRider is brought back to its original size.
- "New "Finding Nemo" attraction coming to Tokyo DisneySea Park in Spring 2017, StormRider to close". Inside the Magic. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Farewell to StormRider at Tokyo DisneySea #StormRider_Forever". tdrexplorer.com. 27 May 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "New Finding Nemo / Dory Attraction Coming to Tokyo Disney Sea Park". diskingdom.com. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Nemo & Friends SeaRider Opens May 2017 at Tokyo DisneySea". wdwnt.com. 15 October 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "'Finding Nemo' Attraction Opening in Tokyo DisneySea on May 12th". thekingdominsider.com. 27 April 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2020.