The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin|
|Opening date||May 24, 2001|
|Walt Disney Studios Park|
|Name||Flying Carpets Over Agrabah|
|Opening date||March 16, 2002|
|Name||Jasmine's Flying Carpets|
|Opening date||July 18, 2011|
|Attraction type||Aerial Carousel|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Vehicle type||Flying carpets|
Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane available
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is a ride in Magic Kingdom, at Walt Disney World. It is based on the 1992 film, Aladdin. It is similar to the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction in that riders in the front rows control how high their carpets fly, and the ride lasts about 90 seconds. At the entrance, a camel statue squirts guests as they walk by, much like the Stitch figurine outside the World of Disney store.
The shops near this attraction are themed to Agrabah's marketplace from the film, and the Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie walk-around characters are often available for meet-and-greets in the nearby buildings.
The attraction opened at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris on March 16, 2002, as Flying Carpets Over Agrabah. The attraction is set against a large "movie set" backdrop of Agrabah, with guests playing as the extras in Genie's directorial debut. This is the last ride which opened on the opening day of the park which is still operating.
A third version of the attraction opened at Tokyo DisneySea in Tokyo Disney Resort on July 18, 2011, as Jasmine's Flying Carpets. The attraction is next to Sindbad's Storybook Voyage.
- ^ "Walt Disney World- Official Website: The Magic Carpets of Aladdin". Retrieved January 13, 2023.
- ^ "WDWMagic-The Magic Carpets of Aladdin". Retrieved January 13, 2023.
- ^ "Magic Carpets of Aladdin - Magic Kingdom".
- ^ "Les Tapis Volants - Flying Carpets Over Agrabah®". Disneyland Paris. Retrieved 2023-01-13.
- ^ "Flying Carpets Over Agrabah". Photos Magiques. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2023-01-13.
- ^ "[Official] Jasmine's Flying Carpets | Tokyo Disneyland". Retrieved January 13, 2023.
- Operating amusement attractions
- Amusement rides introduced in 2001
- Amusement rides introduced in 2002
- Amusement rides introduced in 2011
- Amusement rides manufactured by Zamperla
- Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney Studios Park
- Tokyo DisneySea
- Adventureland (Disney)
- Toon Studio (Walt Disney Studios Park)
- Arabian Coast (Tokyo DisneySea)
- 2001 establishments in Florida
- 2002 establishments in France
- 2011 establishments in Japan