This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Walt Disney Studios Park|
|Park section||Toon Studio - Toy Story Playland|
|Opening date||August 17, 2010|
|RC Racer at Walt Disney Studios Park at RCDB|
Pictures of RC Racer at Walt Disney Studios Park at RCDB
|Hong Kong Disneyland|
|Park section||Toy Story Land|
|Opening date||November 17, 2011|
|RC Racer at Hong Kong Disneyland at RCDB|
Pictures of RC Racer at Hong Kong Disneyland at RCDB
|Park section||Toy Story Land|
|Opening date||April 26, 2018|
|Rex's Racer at Shanghai Disneyland at RCDB|
Pictures of Rex's Racer at Shanghai Disneyland at RCDB
|Type||Steel – Shuttle – Launched|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Model||Half Pipe Coaster|
|Track layout||Hot Wheels|
|Height||25 m (82 ft)|
|Length||82 m (269 ft)|
|Height restriction||120 cm (3 ft 11 in)|
|Trains||Single train with a single car. Riders are arranged 4 across in 5 rows for a total of 20 riders per train.|
|Restraints||Over-the-shoulder with a belt between the legs|
Single rider line available at Walt Disney Studios Park
Must transfer from wheelchair
RC Racer (known as Rex's Racer in Shanghai) is a steel shuttle roller coaster operating at Walt Disney Studios Park in France, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland. Manufactured by Intamin, the ride is part of the Toy Story Playland in France, Toy Story Land in Hong Kong, and Toy Story Land in Shanghai. The France ride opened on August 17, 2010, the Hong Kong installation opened on November 17, 2011, and the Shanghai ride opened on April 26, 2018. This is the second roller coaster in Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland, and the third roller coaster in Walt Disney Studios Park.
Situated at the back of Toy Story Playland amongst mature trees which double as overgrown bushes in the Toy Story universe, RC Racer is considered by many the main attraction of that section of the park. The ride takes inspiration from many sets of matchbox cars, which some of come paired with the orange track as seen in the Toy Story films. Climbing aboard the huge remote-controlled RC car, riders are propelled forward and backward through the station building in a semi-circular "half-pipe" of track, quickly building up enough speed in the process to hit the top height of about 80 feet (24 meters).
- Gas, Philippe. "Toy Story Playland Unveiled at Disneyland Paris". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- MacDonald, Brady (November 13, 2009). "Hong Kong Disneyland to add 'Toy Story' themed land". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- Marden, Duane. "RC Racer Vitesse Maximale! (Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios Park)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "RC Racer (Walt Disney Studios)". Parkz. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "RC Racer - Toy Story Playland". Disneyland Paris. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- Smith, Thomas (November 17, 2011). "Toy Story Land Officially Opens at Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- Frater, Patrick (April 26, 2018). "Disney Opens Toy Story Land at Shanghai Theme Park". Variety.