||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
RC Racer at Hong Kong Disneyland
|Walt Disney Studios Park|
|Park section||Toon Studio - Toy Story Playland|
|Opening date||August 17, 2010|
|Hong Kong Disneyland|
|Park section||Toy Story Land|
|Opening date||November 17, 2011|
|Type||Steel – Shuttle – Launched|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Model||Half Pipe Coaster|
|Track layout||Hot Wheels|
|Height||25 m (82 ft)|
|Length||82 m (269 ft)|
|Height restriction||120 cm (3 ft 11 in)|
|Trains||Single train with a single car. Riders are arranged 4 across in 5 rows for a total of 20 riders per train.|
|Restraints||Over-the-shoulder with a belt between the legs|
Single rider line available at Walt Disney Studios Park
Must transfer from wheelchair
|RC Racer at RCDB
Pictures of RC Racer at RCDB
RC Racer is a steel shuttle roller coaster operating at Walt Disney Studios Park in France and Hong Kong Disneyland. The ride is part of the Toy Story Playland in France, and Toy Story Land in Hong Kong. The France ride opened on August 17, 2010, and the Hong Kong installation opened on November 17, 2011.
Situated at the back of Toy Story Playland amongst mature trees which double as overgrown bushes in the Toy Story universe, RC Racer is the main attraction of that section of the park and the park's third roller coaster when it opened in August 2010 at Walt Disney Studios Park.
The ride takes inspiration from Mattel's popular Hot Wheels line of toy cars, which come paired with the orange track as seen in the Toy Story films. Climbing aboard the huge remote-controlled RC car, riders are propelled forwards and backwards through the station building in a semi-circular "half pipe" of track, quickly building up enough speed to hit the top height of almost 80 feet (24 metres).
- Gas, Philippe. "Toy Story Playland Unveiled at Disneyland Paris". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- MacDonald, Brady (November 13, 2009). "Hong Kong Disneyland to add ‘Toy Story’ themed land". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- Marden, Duane. "RC Racer Vitesse Maximale! (Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios Park)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "RC Racer (Walt Disney Studios)". Parkz. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "RC Racer - Toy Story Playland". Disneyland Paris. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- Smith, Thomas (November 17, 2011). "Toy Story Land Officially Opens at Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|