Northern Peripheral Road
Northern Peripheral Road or commonly known as Dwarka Expressway or NH8A is being developed under the public-private-partnership model. This stretch will connect Dwarka with National Highway 8 at Kherki Dhaula and will pass Pataudi Road. The NPR stretch has been planned as an alternate link road between Delhi and Gurgaon, and is expected to ease the traffic situation on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway. The road was to have provided connectivity to the much-touted Reliance-HSIIDC SEZ besides the Garhi Harsaru dry depot, but the Reliance SEZ has now been cancelled in the latest Masterplan 2031 of Dwarka Expressway Projects and the land allocated for residential, commercial & institutional projects.
Dwarka Expressway Progress
The road will be fully developed by June 2017 if pending litigations can be resolved. Litigations have led to delays in construction of approx 4 km of the 18 km stretch. "The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) had awarded the joint contract to build 14 km to JSR Construction Pvt Ltd and Indiabulls Construction Limited on April 1, 2011, and had set a deadline of March 31, 2012. The remaining four km is under litigation," the Hindustan Times reported.
Builders like Navin Raheja of Raheja Developers Limited, and also Chairman of National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) of India have blamed the govt for the delay saying, “The delay is a sign of negligence. The government is not ready to realise that thousands have invested their hard-earned money in the upcoming properties along the NPR and they do not know when this road will be completed,”  Mr Navin Raheja is also the President of National Real Estate Development Council. On the other hand, residents have blamed powerful builders like Navin Raheja for change in alignment of the Dwarka Expressway, which instead of going over the empty farmlands then held by builders like him was made to go over the habitated New Palam Vihar Colony now requiring the demolition of hundreds of homes. Now house owners are demanding that the alignment of Northern Peripheral Road be changed so that their houses can be saved. With this demand residents of New Palam Vihar Resident Welfare Association and Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon Councillor met the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) Administrator. The house owners claim that changing the alignment would save their houses. The HUDA Administrator visited the spot, along with other senior HUDA and town and country planning officials. After checking the situation on ground, he also gave instructions to carry out a fresh survey of the site and explore the possibility of changing alignment near New Palam Vihar. The new alignment would be planned in such a way that very few houses are affected in the colony.
In June 2016, the Dwarka Expressway was elevated to a National Highway by the National Highways Authority of India. The land acquisition on Delhi & Gurgaon will be taken care of directly by the Highway Authority.
The delays and its negative repercussions on property buyers along the Dwarka Expressway are being highlighted by DXP Welfare Association. In April 2016 they held a protest at Jantar Mantar. A Civil Writ Petition has also been filed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court for early completion of Dwarka Expressway Road & Basic Amenities
Dwarka expressway aims at providing a transportation network that ensures accessibility by:
- 1. Using a multimodal mix of Transport systems (MRTS/LRTS/BRTS, etc.);
- 2. Using walk-to-work concept as part of urban planning;
- 3. Connect Gurgaon's rapid metro system with the expressway; and
- 4. Connect with the upcoming delhi metro line on Dwarka expressway, Delhi IGI airport, Manesar, Pataudi road, Farrukh nagar, old and new Gurgaon.
- Behl, Abhishek. "Khattar orders completion of Dwarka e-way by June 2017". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "National Real Estate Development Council".
- "Northern Peripheral Road project: Aggrieved house owners meet HUDA chief". The Times of India.
- Behl, Abhishek. "NHAI gives go-ahead for Dwarka Expressway elevation". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- DXP, Welfare Association. "Print Media Coverage – Dwarka Expressway Jantar Mantar Protest of Home Buyers". dxpwa.com. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- DXP, Welfare Association. "Home Buyers approached Punjab & Haryana High Court for early completion of Dwarka Expressway Road & Basic Amenities.". dxpwa.com. Retrieved 21 February 2011.