Former city hall of Oldenzaal
Location in Overijssel
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Theo Schouten (PvdA)|
|• Total||21.95 km2 (8.47 sq mi)|
|• Land||21.55 km2 (8.32 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.40 km2 (0.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||48 m (157 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||1,483/km2 (3,840/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Oldenzaal (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɔldə(n)ˌzaːl] ( listen)) is a municipality and a city in the eastern province of Overijssel in the Netherlands. It is part of the region of Twente and is close to the German border.
The town is served by the Oldenzaal railway station.
- Derk Boerrigter, football (soccer) player
- Ellen van Langen, middle distance runner
- Jules Reimerink, footballer
- Frédérique Ankoné, speed skater
- Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, football (soccer) player
- Idmon Yildiz and Gabriel Isik, owners of Trap City
- Mieke Telkamp, singer
- Patrick Gerritsen, football (soccer) player
- Raimond van der Gouw, football (soccer) player
- Rudie Kemna, cyclist
- Nathalie Timmermans, softball player
- Wilfried Brookhuis, football (soccer) player
- Tim Breukers, football (soccer) player
- Henri Max Corwin (Cohen), World War II humanitarian and founder of a propaganda museum
- Björn Kuipers, football (soccer) referee
- Sanne Wevers, gymnast, won the silver medal at the 2015 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships and her twin sister Lieke who is a 4 time *European Games medalist.
- Lieke Wevers, gymnast, a 4 time *European Games medalist.
- "Burgemeester Theo Schouten" [Mayor Theo Schouten] (in Dutch). Gemeente Oldenzaal. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 7571CD". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Oldenzaal.|
|This Overijssel location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|