William C. Overfelt High School
|William C. Overfelt High School|
|1835 Cunningham Avenue
San Jose, California
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||East Side Union High School District|
|Color(s)||White, Red & Blue|
|Website||William C. Overfelt High School|
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The school has an outstanding wrestling team (a past State Champion), men's soccer team, and other sports teams. The women's tennis team has placed first in their league. The women's tennis team advanced to the Santa Teresa Division "B leagues" in 2008 and dominated that season, placing second in their league. By the summer of 2008, the tennis courts were resurfaced and the ladies continued to play their best. Competing against tough opponents, they placed fourth in the B leagues in 2009. Overfelt High School's women's varsity cross country team also had a good season by making it to CCS by placing 11th in the league finals. They ran at Toro Park and placed 12th at CCS.
- Lee Evans: Olympic Gold medal winner.
- Carl Monroe: NFL running back who scored a touchdown for the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XIX.
- Jim Plunkett: NFL quarter back who won two Super Bowls.
- Nora Campos: politician, served on the San Jose City Council and in the California State Assembly.
- "William C. Overfelt High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- John Fensterwald (June 2, 2016). "What's in a name? Everything, at California high school graduation". EdSource.
- "William C. Overfelt High School: School Info". East Side Union High School District. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "1994 Yearbook Pacemaker Winners". National Scholastic Press Association. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "1998 Yearbook Pacemaker Winners". National Scholastic Press Association. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "2000 Yearbook Pacemaker Winners". National Scholastic Press Association. Retrieved 2017-05-24.