Evergreen Valley College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015)
|Type||Public community college|
|President||Tammeil Y. Gilkerson|
|Campus||175 acres (71 ha)|
Community College District)
Evergreen Valley College (EVC) is a public community college in San Jose, California. Located in the Evergreen district of East San Jose, EVC was founded in 1975 and is part of the California Community College System.
The San José-Evergreen Community College District was officially created on 1 July 1964, after which the district immediately began planning to build a community college.
The Montgomery Hill Observatory was built in 2003
Evergreen Valley College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges. Approvals and certifications of specific programs include:
- The Certified Nursing Assistant Program is approved through California Department of Public Health Aide and Technician Certification Section
- The Registered Nursing (ADN) Program is approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- The Honda program is a certified American Honda Training Program certified through NCTE
Academic divisions at the college include:
- Business and Workforce Development
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Math, Science, and Engineering
- Language Arts
- Library and Learning Resources
- Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts and Physical Education (SSHAPE)
Tesla START Program
Campus buildings include a 400 seat Performing Arts Center, Center for Visual Arts, Sequoia Hall, Acacia Hall, Math, Sciences, & Social Studies Building, Gullo Center, Cedro Hall, Fitness Center, Student Center, Automotive Technology Building, Physical Education Building, Gymnasium, and the Montgomery Hill Observatory.
Montgomery Hill Observatory is regularly open to free public stargazing events.
EVC has two primary entrances, the Paseo de Arboles entry from San Felipe Road and the Yerba Buena Road entry.
Evergreen Valley College is a member of the Coast Conference of California Community College Athletic Association. The school mascot is a hawk. The school colors are green, gray and marigold. The Athletic Director for Evergreen Valley College is Jaclyn Johnson. The head coach of Men’s Soccer is Simon Cook and the head coach of Women’s Soccer is Felicia Perez.
Facilities for athletics include a softball field, turf soccer stadium, eleven tennis courts, a gymnasium, and a large grass field.
Intercollegiate teams include:
- Men's Soccer
- Women's Soccer
- Evergreen Valley College - History
- San Jose Mercury News - Tesla, Evergreen Valley College Partner to Give Students a START on Their Careers
- San José-Evergreen Community College District - Evergreen Valley College Campus Master Plan
- "San Jose, CA - Official Website - Montgomery Hill". www.sanjoseca.gov. Retrieved 2017-11-09.