This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Packaging machines are machines that complete stages of the packaging process. Examples include filling machines, sealing machines, wrapping machines, strapping machines, labelling machines and coding machines.
Packaging machines have advantages such as reducing labor costs associated and increasing the efficiency of the packaging process through the use of automation.
Classification schemes include:.
Degree of automation
- Automatic packaging machine
- Semi-automatic packaging machine
Types of products processed
- Solids, including Powders
Types of packaging products
- Carry handle applicators
- Tape bundling machines
- Filling machine
- Sealing machine
- Strapping machine
- Wrapping machine
- Labeling machine
- Cleaning machinery
- Drying machinery
- Sterilization machinery
- Container machinery
- Multifunction machine
- Packaging Materials manufacturing machinery
- Packaging container manufacturing machinery
- Secondary packaging machinery, etc.
Packaging is necessary to protect products, and is now done mainly through the use of packaging machinery. Machinery plays increasingly important roles such as:
- Improve labor productivity. Sliding blister sealing machine packaging machinery is much faster than manual packaging. One good example of this is the candy packing machine. Here, hundreds to thousands of candies can be wrapped in minutes.
- Ensure packaging quality. Mechanical packaging is particularly important for exported goods to achieve consistent packaging.
- Handle specialized requirements, such as vacuum packaging, inflatable packaging, skin packaging and pressure filling.
- Reduce labor and improve working conditions for bulky/heavy products.
- Protect workers from health effects brought by dust, toxic/hazardous products and prevent environmental contamination.
- Reduce packaging costs and save storage costs for loose products, such as cotton, tobacco, silk, linen, etc., by simply using compression packaging.
- Reliably ensure product hygiene by eliminating hand contact with food and medicines.