|Official of Eastern Wu|
|Courtesy name||Chengming (Chinese: 承明; pinyin: Chéngmíng; Wade–Giles: Cheng-ming)|
Pan Jun originally served as an officer in Jiangxia under Liu Biao and Liu Bei. During Lü Meng's invasion of Jing Province, he surrendered to Sun Quan. He was known for his willingness to submit honest opinions to Sun Quan.
In the historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Pan Jun was left to defend Jing Province by Guan Yu, who was attacking Fancheng. Wang Fu described Pan Jun as a selfish and jealous man and warned Guan Yu against this decision and advised him to place the trustworthy Zhao Lei in charge instead, but Guan Yu did not do so. Indeed, Pan Jun later did surrender the city to Lü Meng.
Appointments and titles held
- Assistant Officer in Jiangxia (江夏從事) under Governor of Jing Province Liu Biao
- Prefect of Xiang Village (湘鄉令)
- Assistant Officer in Headquarters Office (治中從事) under Liu Bei
- Appointments and titles held by Pan Jun after he switched allegiance to Sun Quan
- General of the Household Who Assists the Army (輔軍中郎將)
- General of Uplifting Might (奮威將軍)
- Marquis of Changqian Village (常遷亭侯)
- Minister Steward (少府)
- Marquis of Liuyang (劉陽侯)
- Minister of Ceremonies (太常)
- Sanguozhi vol. 61.
- Sanguo Yanyi ch. 73.
- Chen, Shou. Records of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguozhi).
- Luo, Guanzhong. Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguo Yanyi).
- Pei, Songzhi. Annotations to Records of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguozhi zhu).
|This article about a Chinese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|