Parliament of South Ossetia
|Parliament of South Ossetia
Парламент Южной Осетии
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Parliament of South Ossetia is the unicameral legislature of the partially recognized Republic of South Ossetia. Members are elected using a system of Party-list proportional representation. South Ossetia has a multi-party system, and currently 4 political parties are represented in parliament. The parliament is headed by a speaker, who is elected from among the members. The current speaker is Anatoly Bibilov, chairman of United Ossetia.
|United Ossetia||Anatoly Bibilov||9,083||44.84||new||20||+20|
|Unity of the People||Vladimir Kelekhsaev||2,790||13.77||new||6||+6|
|People's Party of South Ossetia||Alexander Pliev||1,915||9.45||-13.10||4||-5|
|New Ossetia||David Sanakoyev||1,267||6.26||new||0||–|
|Unity Party||Zurab Kokoyev||1,219||6.02||-40.30||0||-17|
|Communist Party of South Ossetia||Stanislav Kochiev||890||4.39||-17.83||0||-8|
|Socialist Party "Fatherland"||Vyacheslav Gobozov||658||3.25||-3.11||0||–|
|Registered voters / turnout||35,133||60.14%||–|
List of speakers
Until 27 November 1996, the speaker (or "chairman") of the parliament was also Head of State.
- Torez Kulumbegov (10 October 1990 – 4 May 1991)
- Znaur Gassiyev (4 May 1991 – 9 September 1992)
- Torez Kulumbegov (9 September 1992 – 17 September 1993)
- Lyudvig Chibirov (17 September 1993 – 27 November 1996)
- Kosta Georgievich Dzugaev (1996 – 1999)
- Stanislav Kochiev (1999 – 2004)
- Znaur Gassiyev (2nd time) (2004 – 9 June 2009)
- Stanislav Kochiev (2nd time) (9 June 2009 – 5 October 2011)
- Zurab Kokoyev (5 October 2011 – 2 July 2012; acting)
- Stanislav Kochiev (3rd time) (2 July 2012 – 23 June 2014)
- Anatoly Bibilov (23 June 2014 – 21 April 2017)
- "Dozens of Unique Historical And Cultural Monuments Were Obliterated and Demolished On the Territory of the Republic of South Ossetia". OSRadio. 5 October 2008. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- Выборы в парламент Южной Осетии - 2014. Caucasian Knot.
- South Ossetian Electoral Commission
- (Russian) Labyrinth.ru: Profile of Kosta G. Dzugaev
- (Russian) Communist Party of South Ossetia: Communist Stanislav Kochiev again chairs the Parliament of South Ossetia
- (Russian) IA "Res": Congrations received by the Speaker of Parliament of South Ossetia
- Fuller, Liz (March 12, 2016). "Signing Of Russia-South Ossetia Treaty On Hold". Radio Free Europe.
Parliament speaker Anatoly Bibilov, whose Yedinaya Osetiya (One Ossetia) party controls 20 seats in the 34 parliament elected in June 2014, advocated a far closer degree of “integration” with Russia than de facto President Leonid Tibilov and other political parties were apparently prepared to condone.
- Tskhinvali Closes Administrative Boundary Ahead Presidential Inauguration Thea Morrison, GeorgiaToday 20 April 2017
|This South Ossetia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|