Pennant Hills railway station
|Location||Railway Street, Pennant Hills|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||28.58 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||1 side, 1 island|
|Opened||17 September 1886|
Pennant Hills station opened on 17 September 1886. In the 1990s, the station received an upgrade being fitted with lifts. Immediately north of Pennant Hills, a short four track section of the Main Northern line begins which runs to the next station at Thornleigh.
As part of the North Sydney Freight Corridor project, an electrified passing loop was built behind the western platform where it joined the existing loop. As part of these works the western platform was converted to an island. The new platform opened on 14 June 2016.
|1||services to Penrith & Richmond via Macquarie Park & North Sydney|||
|2||services to Hornsby|||
- Pennant Hills Station NSWrail.net
- State Rail Authority Track Diagram, 1992
- Epping to Thornleigh Third Track Transport for NSW
- Leighton Contractors & TfNSW in Alliance to deliver Epping to Thornleigh Third Track Project Leighton Contractors 8 March 2013
- Leighton & Abigroup win Epping to Thornleigh Third Track contract Rail Express 20 March 2013
- "Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Update" Railway Digest December 2014 pages 28-29
- "Weekly Notice 21" Sydney Trains May 2016 page 5
- "T1: North Shore & Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].