Peppertown is an unincorporated community in Salt Creek Township, Franklin County, Indiana.
Peppertown was platted in 1859 by Fielding Berry. It is named for August Pepper, who settled on the site in 1851. August Pepper worked as a calico printer.
Peppertown is located at 39°23′56″N 85°10′27″W / 39.39889°N 85.17417°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Peppertown". Franklin County Historical Society. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- ^ Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 172.
- ^ Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 173.