|Founded||1983San Jose, California, United Statesin|
Number of locations
|Quốc Phan (President)|
|Revenue||$50 million (2008)|
Phở Hòa is a phở restaurant chain based in Sacramento, California, United States. It was founded in San Jose, California, in 1983. As of 2017[update], it has more than 70 locations across the United States, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea, and Taiwan.
In 1983, Binh Nguyen and Phan Jiang opened the first Phở Hòa location in Lion Plaza, the first Asian shopping center in San Jose, California. A second location followed in Santa Ana. In 1986, they began manufacturing a proprietary spice blend for their phở. In the late 1980s, they opened their first restaurant in Canada. In the 1990s, they founded Aureflam Corporation to franchise phở restaurants under the Phở Hòa and Phở Công Lý names. Phở Hòa opened its first location in Asia in 1995.
Phở Hòa claims to be the first Vietnamese restaurant chain to franchise. According to company statistics, Asians accounted for almost 90% of their customers until around 1993, but by 1998 about 50% of customers at recently opened locations were non-Asian.
- List of restaurant chains in the United States
- List of noodle restaurants
- List of casual dining restaurant chains
- List of Vietnamese restaurants
- Lee's Sandwiches, another Vietnamese restaurant chain that began in San Jose in 1983
- Hsu, Tiffany (March 21, 2008). "Cooking up a growth plan". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- "Phở Hòa Worldwide". Phở Hòa. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Trinh, Jean (November 29, 2017). "Vietnamese Immigration and Its Culinary Influence on the United States". The Migrant Kitchen. KCET. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Ueda, Reed, ed. (2017). America's Changing Neighborhoods: An Exploration of Diversity through Places. 2. Santa Barbara, California: Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 778. ISBN 9781440828652 – via Google Books.
- Ngô, Quyền (August 17, 2016). "Tour San Jose's Vietnamese Food Scene". MOFAD City. Museum of Food and Drink. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Chastenet dé Gery, Rebecca (October 16, 1998). "Winning Pho-mula". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved July 5, 2018.