|Birth name||Matt Montgomery|
November 16, 1975 |
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Genres||Heavy metal, Hard rock, groove metal, Industrial metal, pop punk, horror punk|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, guitar|
|Associated acts||Rob Zombie, Amen, Wednesday 13, Alice Cooper, Spunk, The Haxans|
He first took over bass duties with Rob Zombie from current Ozzy Osbourne bassist Blasko, playing "American Witch" live on the Late Show with David Letterman right before picking up the second leg of the Educated Horses tour in late 2006. To this day, he maintains a successful solo career while playing with Zombie.
Piggy co-directed a short 10-minute movie entitled Along Came a Spider: the Movie for Alice Cooper's latest album which was released on the official YouTube-page for the new album on October 2, 2008. The movie featured three songs from the album: "Vengeance is Mine," "(In Touch with Your) Feminine Side", and "Killed by Love." The video stars Alice Cooper, Slash, Roxxi Dott, Howie Pyro, and Dave Pino. Piggy D. also contributed all the graphic design for the album including the album cover and multiple teaser posters. Piggy D has also contributed album artwork for John 5's solo albums. His work features on Remixploitation (2009), Requiem (2008) and The Devil Knows My Name (2007). Piggy D also co-designed the art for the newest Lita Ford album Wicked Wonderland.
In 2009, Piggy co-wrote and produced the first ever Alice Cooper Halloween song, "Keepin' Halloween Alive." The single was released digitally on iTunes, and a limited edition CD. A glow in the dark 7" record has also been released.
February 2010 saw the release of the first studio album with Zombie that featured Piggy. The song "The Man Who Laughs" was co-written by Piggy.
Piggy and experimental vocalist Shannon Gallant began working together again after a 5-year hiatus, and began work a new recording project called The Haxans. The duo have release two singles "Cold Blood" and "Black Cat Bone."
In 2011, Piggy was invited to co-write and co-produce the debut album for The Doom Party. A release date has not been set.
In 2016, Piggy announced that he was collaborating with Ash Costello from New Years Day on a new project called The Haxans. The first single "Chains" was released on June 6, 2016.
With Wednesday 13
With John 5
- 2007: The Devil Knows My Name
With Rob Zombie
- 2007: Zombie Live
- 2008: Punisher: War Zone Soundtrack
- 2010: Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool
- 2013: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
- 2015: Spookshow International Live
- 2016: The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
With Alice Cooper
- 2009: "Keepin' Halloween Alive" - Single
- 2011 "Last Man On Earth" album track Co-songwriter for "Welcome 2 My Nightmare"
- 2007: The Evacuation Plan
- 2010: Can't Blame You - Single
- 2011: God Save The Queen Bee - Single
- 2011: Locust Dance - Single
- 2011: 1975 - Single
- 2012: Repeat Offender - The Singles and Remix Collection
- 2012: Cold Blood - Single
- 2012: Black Cat Bone - Single
- 2016: Chains - Single
- 2017: Three Hits from Hell - EP
- 2017: Lights Out - Single
- 2017: Party Monsters (To Be Released October 13th 2017)
The Doom Party
2013 "The Last Party" - Single (co-writer/co-producer)