1984 LP album cover
|Live album by Tangerine Dream|
|Recorded||10 December 1983
Torwar Hall, Warsaw
|Genre||Electronic music, Berlin School|
|Tangerine Dream chronology|
All tracks written by Edgar Froese, Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling.
The four tracks consist of 3-4 distinct sections each. The last two of the four sections of "Tangent" are titled "Polish Dance" (which is notably similar to the composition "Choronzon" from Exit, played backwards) and "Rare Bird" respectively, and the second section of "Barbakane" is titled "Warsaw in the Sun". There are also further, less known official and unofficial names for some other sections of the album, too. It was also available as a limited edition picture disc which feature the cover photos directly on the LPs' vinyl.
Out of twelve CD releases, only three have the complete album, all others are either missing "Tangent" along with a truncated version of "Barbakane", or include "Tangent" but still with a truncated version of "Barbakane".
- (1984) Jive/Teldec 8.28638
- (1984) Relativity 88561-8045-2, re-released in 1993
- (2011) Reactive EREACD 2018
The second is a double-CD release, copyrighted 1984 by Zomba Ent. Inc., Made in the U.S., and apparently difficult to find. On disk one, "Rare Bird", originally an encore, is split off from "Tangent" as a track on its own. The CD artwork, however, lists "Tangent" as a single full-length track.
A video from Polish TV is available on various video sites.
The following equipment were used on this live recording:
- Sequential Circuits Prophet-5
- Sequential Circuits Prophet 600
- Sequential Circuits Pro-1
- E-mu Emulator
- E-mu Custom Programmable Synth
- Moog Custom Programmable Modular Synth
- MTI Synergy
- PE Polyrhythmic Sequencer
- Compulab Digital Sequencer
- Syntec Custom Digital Drum Computer
- Simmons Drum Modules
- Quantec Room Simulator
- Roland SDE 3000
- Hill Multi-Mixer
- "Warsaw In The Sun" UK no. 96