Location of Pukkila in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Juha Myyryläinen|
|• Total||145.94 km2 (56.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||145.04 km2 (56.00 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.9 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Area rank||279th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||272nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||13.1/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||20.2%|
|• 15 to 64||62%|
|• 65 or older||17.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Pukkila (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈpukkila]; Swedish: Pukkila, also Buckila) is a municipality of Finland. It is located in the Uusimaa region and it is the smallest municipality in the region in relation to its population; the municipality has a population of 1,900 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 145.94 square kilometres (56.35 sq mi) of which 0.9 km2 (0.35 sq mi) is water. The population density is 13.1 inhabitants per square kilometre (34/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
In 1962, a former villager, Onni Nurmi, bequeathed the village 760 shares in a company called Nokia - then chiefly known as a manufacturer of rubber workboots - on condition that the income be used for the benefit of the elderly and that the shares would never be sold. After a legal battle the shares have now been diversified and the income used to fund a welfare centre and services for the elderly.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Pukkila:
- Centre Party 41.2%
- True Finns 23.0%
- National Coalition Party 14.8%
- Social Democratic Party 11.1%
- Green League 4.2%
- Left Alliance 3.4%
- Christian Democrats 1.3%
- Swedish People's Party 0.3%
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Nokia shares do not make Pukkila a paradise for the elderly", 5.12.2000,
- "Villagers lock horns over £25m Nokia windfall ", 19 November 2000, Andrew Osborn, The Observer
- 'Welfare Centre Onni ", L&M Sievänen Architects Ltd
- "Pukkila - paradise for senior citizens thanks to Nokia legacy", HELSINGIN SANOMAT, INTERNATIONAL EDITION
Media related to Pukkila at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Pukkila – Official website
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|