|Raad (Hatf VIII)|
|Type||Air-launched cruise missile (ALCM)|
|Place of origin||Pakistan|
|Used by||Pakistan Air Force|
|Manufacturer||Air Weapons Complex (AWC)|
|Warhead||HE, Nuclear, Conventional|
|Ra'ad test flight|
|Zoomed in view from TV image|
|Ra'ad on Display|
|Ra'ad during Pakistan Day Prade|
|Youtube video of Ra'ad test launch|
Development and design
Ra'ad is developed by Pakistan's Air Weapons Complex and NESCOM. The missile's current range is stated to be 350 km. The missile uses stealth technology, has a range of 350 km and is designed to carry conventional or nuclear warheads. As per media reports, the missile has features including low-altitude, terrain hugging missile with high maneuverability. The missile would probably be tasked for precision attacks on high value targets including command centres, radars, surface-to-air missile launchers, ballistic missile launchers and stationary warships.
The first test of the missile was conducted on 25 August 2007. A second test was conducted on 8 May 2008, when it was fired from a Dassault Mirage III ROSE fighter of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). A third test was carried out on 29 April 2011 from a Dassault Mirage fighter. The fourth test was carried out on 30 May 2012. A fifth test of the missile was carried out on 2 Feb 2015. A seventh test was carried out on 19 January 2016.
|Wikinews has related news: Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile|
- Related developments
- Similar missiles
- Related lists
- "Hatf 8 "Ra'ad"". csis.org. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Article by Usman Ansari; "Despite Missile Integration, Nuke Role Unlikely for Pakistan’s JF-17." Published online by DefenseNews.com on 7 February 2013.
- "Hatf 8 "Ra'ad" | Missile Threat". Missile Threat. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- "Pakistan tests new cruise missile". english.aljazeera.net.
- Khan, Iftikhar A. (9 May 2008). "Cruise missile fired from aerial platform".
- "Geo.tv: Latest News Breaking Pakistan, World, Live Videos". www.geo.tv.
- "The News International: Latest News Breaking, Pakistan News". thenews.com.pk.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110504042914/http://www.asianage.com/international/pakistan-tests-hatf-8-cruise-missile-864. Archived from the original on 4 May 2011. Retrieved 2 May 2011. Missing or empty
- "Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-8 cruise missile". The Indian Express. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Pakistan tests nuclear capable cruise missile". News.xinhuanet.com. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Desk, Web (2 February 2015). "Pakistan test-fires new cruise missile Ra'ad – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Haider, Dawn.com | Mateen (19 January 2016). "Pakistan successfully tests Ra'ad cruise missile: ISPR". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Pakistan officially unveils extended range Ra'ad 2 air-launched cruise missile". quwa.org. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hatf-VIII (Ra'ad).|