Rafiganj railway station nameplate
|• Total||18 km2 (7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Rafiganj is a town and a notified area in Aurangabad district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is the district's second-largest town in population after Aurangabad, and also the second-largest town in area. Rafiganj is located 25 km away from the District Administration.
Rafiganj is located at  It has an average elevation of 89 metres (291 feet). Rafiganj is banked on a river named Dhava River.
City Bus, Auto-Rickshaw, and cycle rickshaw moves here generally to the local transport and 2x2 luxury bus,
Regular Bus service is from Rafiganj to Kasma, Aurangabad, TATA, Hazaribagh, Ramgarh, Ranchi,
Rafiganj is connected to other towns and cities by railways, facilitated by the Rafiganj Railway Station which serves numerous express and superfast trains. Grand Chord rail-line that connects Howrah and New Delhi passes through Rafiganj. Rafiganj is also connected with the two cities Gaya and Aurangabad and three block subdivision 'Goh', 'Obra', and 'Daudnagar'. It is connected by SH-68 .
Rafiganj has a market for the local area.
Schools and colleges
- Aqsa National Public School, Rafiganj
- Govt Urdu Middle School Quazichak (Urdu Middle school)
- Govt Urdu Middle School , Rampur
- British Academy (private school)
- R. B. R. High school
- Dr. V. K.Singh College Rafiganj
- High School Karma
- God's Grace Public School, Noniya Tilha, Rafiganj
- Heaven's Blossom Raja Bagicha Rafiganj
- B.L. Indo Anglian Public School, Aurangabad
- Sarswati Shishu Mandir, Rafiganj
- Mount Carmel School Shikshak Colony Babuganj, Rafiganj
- DAV Public School, located at Kasma Road, Neema Chaturbhuj, Rafiganj
- Sanjay Singh Yadav College Rafiganj
- Dawn Public School, Uchali in Rafiganj
- Tender heart school, Rafiganj
- Lakshyadeep International School, Rafiganj
- Bosco International Public School, Rafiganj
- Bright Life Public School,Rafiganj
Local theatres include "Laxmi Talkies" and "Lalita Talkies" where Bollywood, Hollywood and Bhojpuri movies are shown. There is two big grounds in Rafiganj one is RBR Stadium and other is Charwaha Ground for playing cricket and football.
Jain Mandir Which Represent A Piece Of Art, Shanti Kunj House Situated In Post Office Gali,Badi Durga Devi Mandir (Devi sthan) is a Hindu temple nearby main road and Rafiganj Police station. Near the railway station, a temple of Dihbar Baba (Dihbar Sthan) And [Shiv Mandir] Near Of R.B.R Kasma Road is a marriage place and tourist destination for the Rafiganj area. Pachar Pahar is a mountain in which the temple of Parashnath is founded which includes a 30 feet painting of Mahavira.
Jama Masjid is a mosque located in the center of the town. It was constructed in 1912. Adjacent to the Jama Masjid there is a Madarsa named Jamea Sharfia which provides education in Urdu Medium. The Madina Masjid mosque is located in Raja Bagicha.
- Mahadeoghat which situated onsouth side of City on the bank of dhawa river .
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|