- water consumption
- energy consumption
- natural gas consumption/gas depletion
- oil consumption/oil depletion
- land use/land loss or
- resource depletion and
- general exploitation and associated environmental degradation
Measures of resource consumption are resource intensity and resource efficiency. Industrialization and globalized markets have increased the tendency for overconsumption of resources. The resource consumption rate of a nation does not usually correspond with the primary resource availability, this is called resource curse.
- Ecological footprint
- Jevons paradox
- Natural resource management
- Uneconomic growth
- – search for resource consumption in WP and elsewhere
- Fred Magdoff (2013). "Global Resource Depletion - Is Population the Problem?". Monthly Review.