|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
|Established||27 November 1951|
|Headteacher||Mr Andrew Smith|
|Founder||A. Hamilton Cault, Brigadier (Canadian Army)|
|DfE URN||137019 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Webb, Wells and Owen|
|Colours||Burgundy and Grey|
|Website||Rodborough School Official Website|
Awards and achievements
The school was identified as a Beacon school in 1998 and 2001 and the school's 2008 GCSE results showed 78% of pupils attained 5 or more top (A*-C) grades. The school was granted Technology College status in 2002 allowing more vocational GCSE courses to be available, such as Leisure and Tourism and Health & Social Care. The school was renamed Rodborough Technology College for a time, but this title has been dropped since the end of the Specialist schools programme.
In January 2007, Ofsted reported after an inspection, that the school was satisfactory. For the separate topics of inspection, the school received good and satisfactory grades. The report stated "Academic guidance is inconsistent and does not always give individuals enough information about how to improve their work and achieve higher standards." The school responded by adding an Attitude to Learning (ATL) grading system.
In an Ofsted Inspection that was carried out in December 2009, Rodborough was recognised as providing 'an outstanding education for its pupils', with attainment above average. This is an improvement on the previous grade and Ofsted also commented that the behaviour at the school was outstanding, with pupils having a good contribution to school and community life.
- "School Information about Rodborough". Retrieved 7 April 2010.[dead link]
- "Rodborough". Dfes.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Rodborough". School-portal.co.uk. 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Dawes, Maria; Four Additional Inspectors (20 February 2007). "Rodborough – Ofsted Section 5 Inspection". Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- Taylor-Bennett, Alan; Two Additional Inspectors (05/03/2010). "Rodborough – Ofsted Section 5 Inspection". Retrieved 7 April 2010. Check date values in: