Royal Scientific Society
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2011)|
|Headquarters||Al-Jubaiha, Amman, Jordan|
|HRH. Prince Al-Hassan Bin Talal, Chair of the Board of Trustees
HRH. Princess Sumaya Bint Al-Hassan , President
Number of employees
The Royal Scientific Society is a Jordanian applied research institution, consultation and technical service provider. With more than 600 members of staff it is the largest such institution in the country.
- To support the development process in Jordan through R&D to strengthen the role of SMEs in Jordan’s economy.
- To promote itself as a reference technical institution in Jordan and the region.
- To expand its role as a certification body for both skilled manpower and industrial products.
- To strengthen co-operation with similar institutions to promote mutual interests.
- To develop human resources.
- To encourage and support the start-up, incubation and development of innovation-led knowledge-based businesses.
- Building Research Centre.
- Electronic Services & Training Centre.
- Environmental Research Centre.
- Information Technology Centre.
- Mechanical Design & Technology Centre.
- Industrial Chemistry Centre.
- Quality Assurance Department.
There are also three supporting departments: Administrative, Financial, and Marketing and Public Relations.
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (Jordan)
- University of Jordan
- Princess Sumaya University for Technology
- Jordan University of Science and Technology