|Société en commandite par actions|
|Traded as||Euronext: RUI
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Industry||Storage and distribution|
|Revenue||€2.12 billion (2011)|
|€122.0 million (2011)|
|Profit||€75.90 million (2011)|
|Total assets||€1.76 billion (2011)|
|Total equity||€838.9 million (2011)|
Rubis is a France-based international company specialized in the storage, distribution and sale of petroleum, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), food and chemical products. Rubis is market leader in France, Switzerland, Bermuda, Jamaica, Madagascar, Morocco, French Antilles-Guiana, and Senegal. The company's business are carried on by a number of subsidiaries, including Coparef, Rubis Terminal, Vitogaz, Kelsey Gas Ltd, Lasfargaz, La Collette Terminal, among others.
In 1990, Gilles Gobin founded Rubis Investment & Cie. In June 1992, it purchased and then merger with the investment company Penhoët to form Rubis. In April 1993 it acquired the hydrocarbons and chemicals storage company Compagnie Parisienne des Asphaltes (CPA), one of the leaders operators in the French market, which was later renamed Rubis Terminal. In August 1994, it took control of the LPG distributor Vitogaz. With the new owner, Vitogaz expanded internationally.
On January 12, 1995, the company was listed on the Euronext.
In October 2001, while continuing its international expansion, Rubis purchased oil-storing subsidiary Pétrofrance's Propétrol. In 2005, it purchased Shell's distributor of LPG and petroleum products in the West Indies and in French Guiana, SAGF, at a cost of 116 million euros. During the next years, it continued the acquisition of other Shell's operations in Europe, Africa and America. In October 2006, Rubis and BP plc formed a joint venture equally owned by both parts, called Frangaz, to distribute liquified petroleum gas fuel in France.
In 2010, Rubis acquired the 50 percent of BP in Frangaz. That same year, it purchased the activities of Chevron CA in the Caribbean. During the next years it also acquired the downstream operations of the company in the region. On 16 November 2010, it took control of BP operations in Spain and sealed a long-term agreement with that company.
In January 2012, it acquired a 50 percent stake in the Turkish company Delta Petrol. In July 2012, it announced the selling of the LPG operations in Senegal and Czech Republic. In Jamaica, RUBiS acquired the assets of Shell in January 2013 ending its 90-year dominance there. 
- "Company Description: Rubis". businessweek.com. BusinessWeek. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "2011 Consolidated financial stataments" (PDF). Rubis. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Profile: Rubis SCA". reuters.com. Reuters. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Profile: Gilles Gobin". uk.reuters.com. Reuters. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis". Listofcompanies.in. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis & Cie, un hussard de la cote" [Rubis et Cie, a hussar of the cosat]. Les Echos n° 16380 (in French). Les Echos. 30 June 1992. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Rubis et Cie reprend la Compagnie Parisienne des Asphaltes" [Rubis et Cie took over the Compagnie Parisienne des Asphaltes]. Les Echos n° 16169 (in French). Les Echos. 28 April 1993. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "History". Rubis. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis & Cie prend 66 % de Vitogaz" [Rubis et Cie purchased a 66 percent stake in Vitogaz]. Les Echos n° 16700 (in French). Les Echos. 3 August 1994. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Stockage pétrolier: Rubis achète Propétrol, filiale de Pétrofrance" [Oil storage: Rubis purchases Propetrol, a subsidiary of Petrofrance]. Les Echos n° 18514 (in French). Les Echos. 22 October 2001. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Rubis agrees to buy Royal Dutch Shell's SAGF for 116 mln eur". Press Release. The Telegraph. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis Acquires Shell's Liquefied Petroleum Gas Businesses in Southern Africa". reuters.com. Reuters. 18 October 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis, BP form joint venture to distribute LPG fuel in France". Iii.co.uk. 20 October 2006. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "RUBIS : AFTER BUYING OUT BP 50% STAKE RUBIS BECOMES FRANGAZ SOLE SHAREHOLDER". Cws.huginonline.com. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis Acquires Chevron's Fuel Distribution Businesses For $ 300 Million". reuters.com. Reuters. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Chevron finales sale of Caribbean assets". Caribbean360.com. 3 May 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis Acquires BP's LPG Business; Signs Long-Term Agreement with BP plc". reuters.com. Reuters. 16 November 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Rubis SCA Purchases Stake in Delta Petrol". reuters.com. Reuters. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Distribution Business Sell-off in Czech Republic and Senegal". reuters.com. Reuters. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.