|Traded as||Euronext: NEX|
|Christopher Guérin (CEO)|
|Products||Power and data cables for building & territories, high voltage, data and telecoms, industry solutions (renewable energy, oil & gas, automation, transport)|
|Revenue||€6.4 billion (2017)|
|€281 million (2017)|
|€127 million (2017)|
Number of employees
|>26,000 (average, 2017)|
The group is active in four main business areas: buildings and territories (construction, local infrastructure, smart cities / grids, e-mobility), high voltage and projects (offshore wind farms, subsea interconnections, land high voltage), data and telecoms (telecom networks, data transmission, FTTx, LAN cabling, hyperscale data centre solutions), industry and solutions (renewable energies, petroleum, railways and rolling stock, aeronautical and automation).
It is the world's second largest manufacturer of cables after Prysmian S.p.A.. In 2017, the Group had industrial presence in 34 countries with over 26,000 employees and sales of around €6.4 billion. Nexans was founded in 2000 as a business unit of the telecommunications firm Alcatel after its acquisition of a number of companies in the cable sector. It was spun out and listed on the Paris stock exchange the following year. It is currently listed on Euronext Paris, Compartment A.
- 1897 - Foundation of la Société Française des Câbles Électriques, Système Berthoud, Borel et Cie.
- 1912 - Acquisition of the company by Alcatel.
- 1917 - The company is renamed Compagnie générale des câbles de Lyon.
- 1986 - Câbles de Lyon becomes Alcatel Câbles.
- 1996 - Alcatel Câbles merges with Alcatel.
- 2000 - Alcatel Câbles and Components become Nexans.
- 2001 - Nexans is listed on Paris Stock Exchange.
- 2008 - Nexans acquires Madeco, a leader in the cable industry in South America.
- 2012 - Nexans acquires AmerCable, an American company specialized in power cables based in El Dorado in Arkansas for 275 million dollars. The group also acquires a Chinese company Shandong Yanggu Cable Group.
- 2018 - Nexans unveils its transformation plan and a new strategy based on innovation and energy & data management services .
- "Prysmian Group Tops Nexans in the Global Specialty Cable Market in 2011".
- 2017 Registration document, Nexans
- "Nexans rises on debut". CNN Money. 13 June 2001. Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- Nexans transforms its value delivery model, Press release, November 9, 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nexans.|
- Official website
- Documents and clippings about Kabel Rheydt AG in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW