2016 Australian Paralympic Team Portrait
|Born||15 December 1969|
Russell Boaden OAM (15 December 1969) is a Paralympic sailor from Australia. He won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Paralympics, and a won a gold medal in the Mixed Three Person Sonar the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
He won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Games in the Mixed Three Person Sonar event. At the 2013 IFDS World Championships in Kinsale, Ireland, he teamed with Jonathan Harris and Colin Harrison to win the bronze medal in the Sonar Class. In October 2013, the trio were named Yachting Australia's Sailors of the Year with a Disability. At the 2014 IFDS World Championships in Halifax, Canada, Boaden teamed with Harrison and Harris to win the bronze medal in the Sonar Class. In November 2014, Boaden shared the Yachting Australia Sailor of the Year with a Disability award with Daniel Fitzgibbon, Liesl Tesch, Colin Harrison, Jonathan Harris and Matthew Bugg. The Australian team of six sailors beat Great Britain by one point at the IFDS World Championship.
At the 2015 IFDS Championships in Australia, he teamed with Colin Harrison and Jonathan Harris to win the silver medal behind the Great Britain crew. Their score was 37.0 to Great Britain's 36.0. Boaden, Harris and Harrison won the bronze medal in the Mixed Three Person Sonar class at the 2016 World Championships held in Medemblik, Netherlands. They won the gold medal in the Mixed Three Person Sonar class at 2016 Summer Paralympics. During the event they had three first placings and four second placings. He was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in 2017.
- Media guide : Beijing 2008 (PDF). Sydney: Australian Paralympic Committee. 2008.
- "Athlete Search Results". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Australia’s Paralympic Sailors set sail for their last Games". Australian Paralympic Committee News. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "3-Person Keelboat (Sonar) - Standings". Rio Paralympics Official site. Archived from the original on 23 September 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Bronze medal win for Australia at IFDS World Championships". Yachting Australia News. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Sonar crew win Yachting Australia award". Australian Paralympic Committee News. 21 October 2013. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Results". IFDS Worlds 2014 website. Archived from the original on 26 August 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Stellar night for Australian sailing at Yachting Australia Awards 2014". Yachting Australia News. 1 November 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Excellence to the very end". 2015 Para World Sailing Championships at RYCV Melbourne, Australia website. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "2016 Para World Sailing Championship". World Sailing website. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "OAM Final Media Notes (A-E)" (PDF). Governor General of Australia. Retrieved 26 January 2017.