SDI Media Group
|Industry||Dubbing and subtitling|
|Headquarters||Culver City, California|
SDI Media is a major provider of subtitling, translation, and language dubbing services to the entertainment industry. The headquarters are located in Culver City, California. Other offices and facilities are located in 37 countries around the world. The company employs more than 1000 employees worldwide and utilizes a network of more than 4,000 freelance translators.
In 1990 the Swedish media company Modern Times Group acquired the majority shareholding in Svensk Text (SDI Media). SDI Media was sold by MTG to Warburg Pincus for US$60 million in 2004. In 2007 it was acquired by Elevation Partners, a private equity firm, mainly investing in media and entertainment companies. In 2008, SDI Media Group acquired Visiontext, a competitor in the subtitling industry, from Ascent Media.
SDI Media Norway AS is one of SDI Media Group's Nordic branches. It is located in Oslo, the capital of Norway. The company commissions dubbing of material for film distributors and TV channels. The company used to be known as Sun Studio Norge.
- Ascent Media to Sell Visiontext to SDI Media
- "Imagica, Cool Japan Buy Localization Company SDI Media". AnimeNewsNetwork.com. 2015-02-21. Retrieved 2015-02-21.
- "SDI Media Group Expands Global Reach With Acquisition of Leading European Dubbing Company Sun Studio Denmark founded in 1978 by Svend and Gretha Christiansen.". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Sun Studio A/S: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- "Sun Studio, Videoproduksjon, Oslo Norway Directory". Norway.com. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|