Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Produced by||Allu Aravind|
|Written by||M. Rathnam (Dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Story by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateshwara Rao|
|Box office||₹127 crores|
Sarrainodu (English: The Right Guy) is a 2016 Indian Telugu-language action masala film written and directed by Boyapati Srinu. Produced by Allu Aravind under the Geetha Arts banner. It stars Allu Arjun, while Srikanth,Aadhi Pinisetty, Rakul Preet Singh, Catherine Tresa appear in other important roles. S. Thaman composed the film's music and background score. Cinematography is by Rishi punjabi. The Telugu and Malayalam versions of thr film was released on 22 April 2016 and became one of the highest grossing Telugu film of 2016. It was also released in Nepal at December 2017 and earn 1.27 million at the box office 
Gana (Allu Arjun) is a youth who beats people that escape punishment He is raised by his paternal uncle Sripati (Srikanth) and is berated by his father Umapati (Jayaprakash). One day, Gana is sent to a neighboring village to meet his prospective bride Mahalakshmi (Rakul Preet Singh), the daughter of his father's friend Jaya Prakash (Sai Kumar), a sincere ex-IAS officer and politician. However, Gana meets MLA Hansitha Reddy (Catherine Tresa) and falls in love with her. Dhanush (Aadhi Pinisetty) is the son of Chief Minister Reddy (Kitty). He kills a farmer for refusing to give up his land. Later, businessman Veerendra (Aadarsh Balakrishna) comes to Dhanush to escape punishment for raping and murdering a college girl Manasa. At the trial, a defense lawyer (Rajiv Kanakala) twists the case, and the judge decides in favor of the lawyer's argument. The girl's parents commit suicide. Gana beats up the lawyer and cuts off Veerendra's legs. Hansitha falls for Gana and promises to marry him if he swears he will stand behind her and never get into fights. He is reluctantly about to do so at the temple when a badly injured Mahalakshmi arrives, running from people who try to kill her. Gana beats everyone who tried to kill her. Mahalakshmi later explains how Dhanush tried to blackmail her father, who had been protecting farmers so they will not have to sell their lands. Dhanush killed the farmers. When Mahalakshmi intervened by slapping and insulting Dhanush, he killed her father and tried to kill her. She escaped and had run for four days to find Gana. Gana goes to Dhanush's home, beats his men, and tries to kill Dhanush, but Dhanush escapes. Gana claims that other people beat Dhanush. One of Dhanush's men tells the truth about the atrocities he committed in the village, and the media is thrown into an uproar. Dhanush arrives at the DGP Mallikarjun's (Suman) office to surrender, but shoots at him. He tries to kill Umapati, but Sripati takes the bullets. Reddy stops Dhanush from shooting anyone else and tells Umapati to call Gana and make him surrender to Dhanush. Told that Sripati will be taken to hospital if he surrenders, Gana does so and is beaten and stabbed by Dhanush and his men. Reddy then tells Dhanush to kill Sripati, which enrages Gana into killing the thugs and Reddy. Gana then fights Dhanush and cuts his head with an axe. A cover story is told that Reddy and Dhanush were killed while trying to protect the DGP from unknown terrorists. Hansitha is made a candidate to become the new chief minister.
- Allu Arjun as Gana (Ganesh in Hindi Version)
- Srikanth as Sripathi
- Aadhi Pinisetty as Vairam Dhanush (Vikram Dhanush in Hindi Version)
- Rakul Preet Singh as Janu aka Mahalakshmi
- Catherine Tresa as MLA Hansitha Reddy (Hansika Reddy in Hindi Version)
- Boyapati Srinu as Murthy garu, MLA's P.A.
- Suman as DGP Ranjit
- Jayaprakash as Umapati 'U. P.'
- Saikumar as Jaya Prakash 'J. P.'
- Kitty as Chief Minister Reddy
- Vijayakumar as Pedhayya
- Brahmanandam as Umapati's neighbour
- Vinaya Prasad as Gana's mother
- Aadarsh Balakrishna as Paddam Veerendra
- Pradeep Rawat as Obul Reddy
- Devadarshini as Sripati's wife
- Annapoorna as Gana's grandmother
- Vidyullekha Raman as Tamizh Selvi
- Surekha Vani as Padma
- Rajeev Kanakala as Defense Lawyer
- Sameer as Lawyer
- Supreeth Reddy as Dhanush's henchman
- Prabhakar as Dhanush's henchman
- Shravan as Dhanush's henchman
- Prudhviraj as Obul Reddy's henchman
- Anshuman Sahoo as Balangir Baba
- Jaya Prakash Reddy
- Chalapathi Rao
- L. B. Sriram as the raped victim's father
- Geetha Singh
- G. V. Sudhakar Naidu
- Rahul Verma Rajput
- Anjali in the item number "Blockbuster"
Boyapati Srinu wrote the script with Allu Arjun in mind for the lead. He wanted to cast Samantha Ruth Prabhu who acted with Arjun in S/O Satyamurthy (2015), but it did not happen. Catherine Tresa and Rakul Preet Singh were selected for the female lead roles. It is Singh's first collaboration with Arjun and Tresa's third collaboration with him after Iddarammayilatho (2013) and Rudhramadevi (2015). Tamil actor Aadhi was chosen as the main antagonist. Srikanth, Suman and Jayaprakash were chosen for other important roles. Priyamani, Anushka Shetty and Disha Patani were reported to have been approached for an item number. However, it was Anjali who danced in the number with Arjun.
Allu Arjun wanted to release the film on 8 April 2016, his birthday, but the worldwide release date was moved to 22 April 2016.
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Times of India wrote "The film has nothing new to narrate and fails to keep you glued to the seats throughout. The hackneyed plot and lack of novelty make this film a regular watch, this film is something for the masses." 123 Telugu wrote "Sarrainodu is indeed an ooraa mass entertainer. The film has many elements which will enthrall the fans and mass general audience. Bunny's stunning transformation, Aadhi's screen presence and amazing action sequences are huge assets."
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||29th March, 2016|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Athiloka Sundari"||Ramajogayya Sastry, Bunny Suresh||Vishal Dadlani, Karthik||4:15|
|2.||"You Are My MLA"||Ananth Sriram||Dhanunjay||4:34|
|3.||"Private Party"||Krishna Chaitanya||Manasi M.M, M.C. Vickey||4:23|
|4.||"Blockbuster"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Shreya Ghoshal, Nakash Aziz, Simha, Sri Krishna, Deepu||5:05|
|5.||"Telusaa Telusaa"||Sri Mani||Jubin Nautiyal, Sameera Bharadwaj||4:25|
|6.||"Sarrainodu"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Hard Kaur, Sonu Kakkar, Brijesh Shandilya , Geetha Madhuri||4:55|
- Best Actor - Allu Arjun - Nominated
- Best Music Director - S. S. Thaman - Nominated
- Best Male Playback Singer - Dhanunjay - "You Are My MLA" - Nominated
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor – South - Allu Arjun - Won
- Best Female Playback Singer - Shreya Ghoshal- "Blockbuster" - Nominated
Sarrainodu's Hindi-dubbed version is the only Indian film to have 200M+ views and 600k+ likes on YouTube.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (22 April 2016). "'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) movie review by audience: Live update". IBTIMES.
- "Sarainodu 'Sarainodu' (Sarainodu) total worldwide box office collection: Allu Arjun's film grosses Rs. 127 crore in its lifetime". International Business Times. Retrieved on 7 July 2016.
- 'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) total worldwide box office collection: Allu Arjun's film grosses Rs. 107 crore in its lifetime - International Business Times
- Allu Arjun’s Sarrainodu Hindi version becomes the most watched film on YouTube with 205 million views
- "Sarrainodu - Allu Arjun and Boyapati Sreenu Movie. Archives - Southie". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Sarrainodu: Watch Allu Arjun shake a leg with Anjali for this Blockbuster song". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Anjali not Anushka to shake leg with Bunny in Sarainodu". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Sarrainodu (2017) Official Hindi Dubbed Trailer | Allu Arjun, Rakul Preet Singh
- Sarrainodu Movie On SONY MAX | Times Of India
- Hooli, Shekhar H. "'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) 17-day box office collection: Allu Arjun starrer crosses Rs. 100 crore mark in 3rd weekend". Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- 'Sarainodu' review round-up: Allu Arjun-Rakul Preet-starrer bags mixed verdict, good ratings from critics. Ibtimes.co.in (24 April 2016). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- Sarrainodu review: Marred by a yawn-inducing plot. The Hindu (2016-04-22). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- Sarrainodu Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (22 April 2016). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- "Allu Arjun, Rakul Preet and Catherine Tresa's 'Sarrainodu' creates s record on YouTube". Retrieved 20 March 2018.