Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sathyabama University, Sathyabama Engineering College|
|Motto||Justice, Peace, Revolution|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic (Latin Church)|
|Vice-Chancellor||S. Sundar Manoharan|
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (SIST), formerly Sathyabama University, is a Christian minority higher education deemed to be university institute, situated at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India]. It was founded in 1987 as Sathyabama Engineering College by Jeppiaar and received its deemed to be university status in 2001.
The university is in Sholinganallur about 15 kilometers from Adyar in Chennai. It has a sprawling campus of 134 acres. The university is located on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (formerly known as Old Mahabalipuram Road and popularly known as IT Corridor).
Accreditation and certification
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||68|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||45|
|Engineering – India|
Sathyabama delivers education through the following academic departments for undergraduate courses, awarding degrees in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/BDS/MDS:
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Electronic Science
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Automobile Engineering
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of BioTechnology Engineering
- Department of BioInformatics Engineering
- Department of BioMedical Engineering
- Department of Dental Sciences
- Department of Bachelor of Architecture
Sathyabama offers visits to companies. Some of the activities like Industrial Visit, Inplant Training, Advisory Bureau for Higher Studies, Entrepreneur Development Cell, Guest Lectures, Foreign Language Classes.
Centre for nanoscience and nanotechnology
The Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology was established in January 2006. The Centre was upgraded in 2011 with Advanced research Instrumentation facilities like FE-SEM, XRD, E-beam, DC thermal, RF, AFM, PLD, etc. The centre has a team of Scientists working in the area of Material Sciences, Thin Film Coatings, Nanofabrications, Environmental Nanotechnology, Concrete Research, Marine Biotechnology, Nanobiotechnology and Molecular Medicine, Nanomedical Sciences and Drug Discovery, Polymer Chemistry etc.
- "NAAC Peer Team Draft Report of 2006". NAAC Peer Team. 25–27 September 2006. Archived from the original on 12 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Deemed University Status". University Grants Commission (India). 16 July 2001. Archived from the original on 27 July 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Reaching Sathyabama". Sathyabama University. 2009. Archived from the original on 17 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "NAAC Accreditation for Universities in Tamil Nadu". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. 2007. Archived from the original on 6 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "ISO Certification". Sathyabama. 6 October 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "Departments at Sathyabama". Sathyabama. 2009. Archived from the original on 28 December 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Sathyabama Universitiy - The Basic Information that you need to know". Archived from the original on 11 March 2014.
- "Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (CNSNT)". centrefornanotechnology.com. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sathyabama University.|