Location of Shangzhi in Harbin
Harbin in Heilongjiang
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Seat||Shangzhi Town (尚志镇)|
|• Total||8,824.9 km2 (3,407.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Shangzhi (Chinese: 尚志; pinyin: Shàngzhì) is a county-level city under the jurisdiction of Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province, People's Republic of China. It is 127 kilometres (79 mi) away from central Harbin and has an area of approximately 9,000 km2 (3,500 sq mi). The city proper has a population of around 120,000, while the total administrative population is approximately 600,000 inhabitants.[when?] The most spacious county-level division of Harbin City, it borders Yanshou County to the north, Wuchang to the southwest, Acheng District to the northwest, and Bin County to the northwest, as well as the prefecture-level city of Mudanjiang to the southeast.
The city of Shangzhi was once called Zhuhe (珠河; Zhūhé). It was developed during the Guangxu era in the late Qing dynasty, and was renamed to Shangzhi to commemorate the anti-Japanese war hero Zhao Shangzhi in 1946.
Shangzhi has a monsoon-influenced humid continental climate (Köppen Dwb), with long, very dry, bitterly cold winters, very warm and humid summers, and short, rather dry spring and autumn in between. The monthly 24-hour average temperature ranges from −19.7 °C (−3.5 °F) in January to 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in July, and the annual mean is +2.92 °C (37.3 °F). Close to three-fourths of the annual precipitation occurs from June to September. With monthly percent possible sunshine ranging from 49% in July to 63% in March, the city receives 2,450 hours of bright sunshine annually.
|Climate data for Shangzhi (1971–2000)|
|Average high °C (°F)||−12
|Average low °C (°F)||−26.3
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||5.0
|Average precipitation days (≥ 0.1 mm)||6.5||6.9||6.9||9.2||12.6||14.7||16.2||14.9||12.0||9.0||8.1||9.0||126.0|
|Average relative humidity (%)||74||73||65||60||62||74||81||84||79||70||71||74||72|
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||166.6||181.7||232.0||224.3||248.3||243.3||229.9||220.6||215.4||192.4||155.5||140.1||2,450.1|
|Percent possible sunshine||59||62||63||56||54||52||49||51||57||57||54||52||55|
|Source: China Meteorological Administration|
Shangzhi is divided into 10 towns and seven townships:
- Shangzhi Town (尚志镇)
- Yabuli (亚布力镇)
- Weihe (苇河镇)
- Yimianpo (一面坡镇)
- Mao'ershan (帽儿山镇)
- Qingyang (庆阳镇)
- Lianghe (亮河镇)
- Shitouhezi (石头河子镇)
- Yuanbao (元宝镇)
- Heilonggong (黑龙宫镇)
- Zhenzhushan Township (珍珠山乡)
- Laojieji Township (老街基乡)
- Mayan Township (马延乡)
- Changshou Township (长寿乡)
- Wujimi Township (乌吉密乡)
- Hedong Korean Ethnic Township (河东朝鲜族乡)
- Yuchi Ethnic Township (鱼池朝鲜族乡)
- Liu Qing, captain of Women's Basketball National Team in the 1980s.
- Yu Wenxia, Miss China World 2012 and Miss World 2012.
- Zhao Shangzhi, Commander of the Northeast Anti-Japan United Army during World War II and namesake of this city. A well-known national hero who devoted his life to the Northeastern struggle against Japanese occupation. He was captured and beheaded after a traitor leaked his whereabouts to the Japanese.
- Zhao Yiman, A well-known national heroine who was killed by the Japanese invaders because she refused to leak the secrets about communist operations.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Shangzhi" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Harbin Statistical Yearbook 2011 (《哈尔滨统计年鉴2011》). Accessed 8 July 2014.
- 2010 Census Harbin primary statistics report (《哈尔滨市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报》). Accessed 8 July 2014.
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：尚志市 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-02-10.