List of Sim video games
This is a complete list of Sim games, their expansion packs, and compilations. Most games were developed by Maxis and published either by Maxis (pre-1997 acquisition by Electronic Arts) or by Electronic Arts (post-1997). EA has also marketed and recruited companies such as Bullfrog Productions, Firaxis Games, and Tilted Mill Entertainment to develop several games under the Sim brand.
|1995||SimIsle: Missions in the Rainforest|
|1997||Streets of SimCity|
|Sim Theme Park|
|2002||The Sims Online|
|2004||The Sims 2|
|2007||The Sims Stories|
|The Sims Carnival|
|The Sims 3|
|2011||The Sims Medieval|
|The Sims Social|
|2014||The Sims 4|
- SimCity (1989)
- SimCity 2000
- SimCity 64
- SimCity 3000
- SimCity 4
- SimCity DS
- SimCity Societies
- SimCity DS 2 (SimCity Creator)
- SimCity Creator
- SimCity Social
- SimCity (2013)
The Sims series
Other Sim games
- Streets of SimCity
- Sim Theme Park (Theme Park World in Europe)
- SimCoaster (Theme Park Inc. in Europe)
- Sid Meier's SimGolf
- The Sims Carnival
- Sim Mania (Released in 2000 for Windows, it includes SimCity, SimTower, SimIsle, SimCopter, Streets of SimCity and SimSafari.)
- The Sim Collection (Released in 2003 for Windows, it includes SimTheme Park, The Sims, SimCity 3000 Unlimited and The Sims Online New & Improved.)
- Sim Mania 2 (Released on March 19, 2003 for Windows, it includes SimCity 3000, SimTheme Park, SimCoaster and Sid Meier's SimGolf.)
- Sim Mania 3 (Released on June 21, 2005 for Windows, it includes SimCopter, SimSafari, SimTheme Park, SimCity 3000 Unlimited, SimCoaster and Sid Meier's SimGolf.)
- SimsVille - Cancelled almost at completion to focus efforts on The Sims 2 development.
- SimMars - Same as above, however a reference and some sound effects were recycled into an arcade game in The Sims Vacation. The game was remade by fans as a complete total conversion mod for SimCity 4, and is in beta 3 phase.
- MySims Social - (Via Unseen64) A game intended to launch on Facebook with Sims and SimCity Social, it never was completed.
- The Urbz 2 - A game intended to surpass The Urbz: Sims In The City, and turn it into a spinoff sub series to The Sims, but the project went through Development Hell after the original game failed to sell to expectations. It was in development first at Maxis for the PlayStation 2, Nintendo Gamecube and Xbox, before being sent over to Electronic Arts Chicago in 2006, where it had some design changes such as being moved to next generation platforms PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii, but the project was cancelled when the studio closed on November 6, 2007, leaving the project incomplete and never released. Assets, logos and other content could be found on The Sims 2 for PlayStation 2's DVD with model viewers, as the game used the same source code and engine as The Urbz 2.
These games are shutdown and no longer possible to play:
- The Sims Online - Shut down on August 1, 2008.
- The Sims Social - Shut down on June 14, 2013.
- SimCity Social - Shut down on June 14, 2013.
Additionally, online modes for The Sims Bustin' Out and the PC version of MySims ceased August 1, 2008 and June 2011 respectively.