Rex in December 2006
|Born||Simon Rex Cutright
July 20, 1974
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Other names||Dirt Nasty|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, rapper, record producer, model, VJ|
Simon Rex Cutright (born July 20, 1974), better known as Simon Rex or Dirt Nasty, is an American actor, comedian, rapper, record producer, model, and former VJ. He is known for being an MTV VJ turned rapper and comedian under an alter ego, Dirt Nasty, which has received a cult following on social media websites. He has starred as Jeff Campbell in the first season of What I Like About You, as George Logan in Scary Movie 3 and 4, and as Dan Sanders in 5.
Rex was born in San Francisco, California, and is one of two children of Paul and Zoe Cutright, a relationship coach and an environmental consultant. He attended Alameda High School in Alameda, California. He is Jewish on his mother's side.
Adult films and modeling
In 1993, at age 19, Rex responded to a modeling advertisement in a Los Angeles magazine and agreed to be photographed nude for photographer Brad Posey and his Club 1821 studio. The following year, under the alias Sebastian, he appeared in gay solo masturbation scenes for three Club 1821 pornographic films: Young, Hard & Solo #2, Young, Hard & Solo #3, and Hot Sessions III. Archive footage was used in the 2000 films Hot Sessions 11 and Hot Sessions 12. Rex also went on to appear in mainstream modeling gigs for Calvin Klein, Levi's, and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rex soon after hit fame and popularity delving into acting, and in 1999, he was cast in the comedy-drama television series Jack & Jill, which aired on The WB for two seasons. He appeared as Eli in the TV show Felicity and television guest appearances followed including Baywatch, Everwood, and Summerland. From 2002 to 2003, he starred in the first season of The WB's sitcom What I Like About You. He later appeared on the Lifetime primetime telenovela Monarch Cove, which ran for fourteen episodes in 2006. In 2009, Rex starred opposite Paris Hilton, Jaime Pressley, and Lance Bass in a pilot titled Rex, created by Guy Shalem.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2014)|
Rex entered the music industry as a rap artist after becoming friends with Mickey Avalon. Rex adopted his alter-ego "Dirt Nasty" and formed the rap group Dyslexic Speedreaders, along with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo. Rex often toured with the group and collaborated to create the Shoot To Kill mixtape. The group ended abruptly, as Mickey Avalon left due to personal problems involving Rex and Andre Legacy. Dirt Nasty and Mickey Avalon reconciled in 2015 and went on to announce a series of tour dates together in Colorado.
In 2007, he released his self-titled debut album which included viral exposure from the single "1980". Rex has appeared on Paris Hilton's My New BFF in his Dirt Nasty persona and in Kesha's video for her song "Tik Tok". He appeared in LMFAO's music videos for "Yes" and "Sexy and I Know It".
In 2011, he created a rap duo called Chain Swangz with Grammy Award-winning producer Jack Splash, leading up to the release of his second album titled Nasty As I Wanna Be which featured guest appearances from artists such as Too Short, Warren G, Kesha, LMFAO. It debuted and stayed at the top of Billboard (magazine) 's comedy charts for weeks.
In 2012, he created the rap trio Three Loco, with Andy Milonakis, previously known for The Andy Milonakis Show, and RiFF RaFF. In November, the trio teamed up with producer Diplo and released the group's eight-song EP on Diplo's own Mad Decent label which garnished them critical acclaim from the likes of MTV, Pitchfork Media, and Vice magazine. He is credited under his Dirt Nasty persona.[unreliable source?]
On August 20, 2013, he release his solo album "Palatial."
|1994||Young, Hard & Solo #2||Sebastian|
|1994||Young, Hard & Solo #3||Sebastian|
|1994||Hot Sessions 3||Sebastian|
|2000||Hot Sessions 11||Sebastian||Archive footage|
|2000||Hot Sessions 12||Sebastian||Archive footage|
|2000||Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth||Slab O'Beef|
|2001||Forsaken, TheThe Forsaken||Pen|
|2001||Drum Solo||Blondie||Short film|
|2003||Scary Movie 3||George Logan|
|2004||Karate Dog, TheThe Karate Dog||Det. Peter Fowler||Television film|
|2006||Scary Movie 4||George Logan||Cameo|
|2006||National Lampoon's Pledge This!||Derek|
|2007||Rise: Blood Hunter||Hank|
|2008||Superhero Movie||Human Torch|
|2008||Hotel California||Pete||Also co-producer|
|2008||American Carol, AnAn American Carol||Himself|
|2009||2 Dudes and a Dream||Dirt Nasty|
|2009||Silver Street||John||Short film|
|2010||King of the Avenue||Taz|
|2011||Truth About Angels, TheThe Truth About Angels||Kane Connor|
|2012||Sperm Donor||Greg||Short film|
|2012||Slightly Single in L.A.||J.P. Cipoletti|
|2013||Scary Movie 5||Dan Sanders|
|1999||Katie Joplin||Tiger French||Main role; 5 episodes|
|1999–2000||Jack & Jill||Michael "Mikey" Russo||Main role; 32 episodes|
|2002–03||What I Like About You||Jeff Campbell||Main role (season 1); 21 episodes|
|2005||Everwood||Cliff Fenton||Episode: "So Long, Farewell..."|
|2006||Monarch Cove||Eddie Lucas||Main role; 14 episodes|
|2010||Nick Swardson's Pretend Time||Brian||Episode: "I Just Got Voodoo'd"|
|2014||Happyland||Tony||Episode: "Park Maintenance"|
|2014||Crisis||Swat team stg craig||Episode: Found and Best Laid Plans|
|2004||"She Wants to Move"||N.E.R.D||Hot guy|
|2011||"Sexy and I Know It"||LMFAO||Guy on bicycle|
|2012||"Bird on a Wire"||Action Bronson featuring Riff Raff||Dirt Nasty|
- Catching Up to Wilt (with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo) (2004)
- Dirt Nasty (2007)
- Shoot to Kill (with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo) (2008)
- Nasty as I Wanna Be (2011)
- Palatial (2013)
- The White Boys (with Andre Legacy and Beardo) (2014)
- Breakfast In Bed (with Smoov-e) (2015)
- The White Album (2010)
- Mickey Avalon – "My Dick" from Mickey Avalon (2005)
- Luckyiam – "Nevermind" from Most Likely to Succeed (2007)
- Verb – "1980 Gutter" from The East Side Extraterrestrial EP (2009)
- Mac Lethal – "My Cadillac" from Postcards from Kansas EP
- The Grouch & Eligh – "Can't Catch Me" from No More Greener Grasses (2003)
- Luckyiam – "Rap, Rap, Rap" from Most Likely to Succeed (2007)
- "Simon Rex". AllMovie. All Media Network. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Treez (September 15, 2010). "The Ultimate Alter-Ego: Dirt Nasty vs. Simon Rex". Print Killer. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Simon Rex – Friday Fives". The Infatuation. April 12, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Ferguson, Michael (2003). Idol Worship: A Shameless Celebration of Male Beauty in the Movies. Sarasota: STARbooks Press. p. 296. ISBN 0-786-40983-5. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Lopez, Rich (July 12, 2010). "Concert notice: Gay-porn-star-turned-comedy-music-act Simon Rex, aka Dirt Nasty, comes to the Loft in October". Dallas Voice. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Lester, Shallon (October 29, 2008). "Former MTV VJ/porn star Simon Rex is trying his hand at rap music". NY Daily News. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Benza, A. J.; Lewittes, Michael (February 13, 1996). "Rex flexed pecs for skin pics". NY Daily News. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Simon Rex". TV.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Bio". guyshalem.com. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Ayers, Dennis (August 12, 2009). "Driven to Distraction video blog (Ep. 16) "Rex" screening". TheBacklot.com. Logo TV. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Mickey Avalon Talks About Dirt Nasty, His New Album "Electric Gigolo", Ke$ha and More!". Hollywire. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
- "Dirt Nasty & Mickey Avalon @ Cervantes Ballroom in Denver, CO". Dirt Nasty Web Site. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Three Loco's Facebook page". Facebook. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Palatial". Dirt Nasty Web Site. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- "Album: Dirt Nasty + Andre Legacy + Beardo - The White Boys". Neighborhood Watch World Wide. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Dowd, Kathy Ehrich (May 24, 2006). "The Plumm is the new place in NYC". USA Today. Gannett Company. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simon Rex.|
- Official website
- Simon Rex at the Internet Movie Database
- Dirt Nasty discography at Discogs
- Sebastian at the Internet Adult Film Database