|Principal venue||The California Theatre|
|Chief Executive||Gary Masters|
|Company Manager||Julia Booker|
|Choreographic Advisor||Fred Mathews|
|Artistic Director||Gary Masters
|Music Director||Barbara Day Turner|
|Principal Conductor||Barbara Day Turner|
|Resident Choreographers||Gary Masters
|Company Dancers||Maria Basile
|Orchestra||San José Chamber Orchestra|
Based in San José, California, sjDANCEco is a contemporary dance company founded in 2003 by artistic directors Gary Masters and Maria Basile, and Melanie Doerner. The group's artistic vision is "to expand the visibility of Contemporary Dance in the South Bay and region through performances that present World Premieres by company and guest choreographers as well as revivals of Classic American Modern Dance, and to share the breadth and diversity of this potent and passionate art form through community involved programs that celebrate life", while their mission is "to nurture the creative spirit of professional and emerging dance artists and to inspire audiences to discover dance". The sjDANCEco is in residence at the San José State University.
The sjDANCEco evolved out of the San José-based Limón West Dance Project, which Gary Masters founded and directed from 1994 to 1998, with present day sjDANCEco dancers Maria Basile, Hsiang Hsiu Lin, Raphaël Boumaïla and Robert Regala. During its first 10 years, sjDANCEco has presented 42 World Premieres, six Revivals, works by master choreographers Donald McKayle and Fred Mathews, and eight works by José Limón during a five-year collaboration with the José Limón Dance Foundation. In addition, sjDANCEco also provides two annual showcases for new works by professional San Francisco Bay Area choreographers through its two annual ChoreoProject Awards and through its "FESTIVAL @ SANTANA ROW", celebrating National Dance Week.
The sjDANCEco is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves both the community of San Francisco South Bay residents and the community of local dance artists. They introduce new audiences to dance and strive to install a lasting appreciation for the art form.
- Tango Fatal (2013)
- The Moor's Pavane (2012)
-  Zimmerman, Heather, "San Jose dance company sjDANCEco positively leaps into ninth season with 'Missa Brevis,' three world premieres", San Jose Mercury News, October 10, 2011
- Felciano, Rita , "sjDANCEco moves to San Jose Rep for fall program", San Jose Mercury News, October 26, 2007
-  Schuk, Carolyn, "Contemporary and Classic Meet in Career of Santa Clara Gymnast-Turned-Dancer", Santa Clara Weekly, no. 40, 2012
-  "sjDANCEco", San José State University College of Humanities and the Arts, (Accessed September 2, 2013)
-  "Dancers take flight for premiere concert", The Spartan Daily, October 1, 2009
-  "Nonprofit Report for sjDANCEco", GuideStar, (Accessed September 2, 2013)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SjDANCEco.|