Software quality assurance
||It has been suggested that Software quality management be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2012.|
|IEEE software life cycle|
Software quality assurance (SQA) consists of a means of monitoring the software engineering processes and methods used to ensure quality. The methods by which this is accomplished are many and varied, and may include ensuring conformance to one or more standards, such as ISO 9000 or a model such as CMMI.
SQA encompasses the entire software development process, which includes processes such as requirements definition, software design, coding, source code control, code reviews, software configuration management, testing, release management, and product integration. SQA is organized into goals, commitments, abilities, activities, measurements, and verifications.
Software quality assurance, according to ISO/IEC 15504 v.2.5 (SPICE), is a supporting process that has to provide the independent assurance in which all the work products, activities and processes comply with the predefined plans and ISO 15504.
- Quality assurance
- Software assurance
- Software quality analyst
- Software quality management
- Software quality
- Kelemen, Zádor Dániel; Kusters, Rob; Trienekens Jos Identifying criteria for multimodel software process improvement solutions – based on a review of current problems and initiatives
- Nielsen, David CMM and Project Quality Management
- 730-2014 - IEEE Standard for Software Quality Assurance Processes. 2014. doi:10.1109/IEEESTD.2014.6835311. ISBN 978-0-7381-9168-3.
- Chemuturi, Murali (2010). Software Quality Assurance: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques for Software Developers. J.Ross Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60427-032-7.
- Kelemen, Z. D.; Kusters, R.; Trienekens, J. (2012). "Identifying criteria for multimodel software process improvement solutions - based on a review of current problems and initiatives". Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (Wiley and Sons) 24 (8): 895–909. doi:10.1002/smr.549. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Software quality assurance.|